Monday, February 16, 2009

To Oakhurst and back


Dear Family and Friends,

Its been a long day but one with safety, beautiful snow, nice people and so many long rainy miles. The entire trip this morning was in driving wind and rain. I decided to take the odyssey rather than the bug for an extra margin of safety. I was glad I did. I arrived at 10:45 and inspected the home in driving rain. How nice that he had a complete floor plan from a prior appraisal. The property was very special, had a huge shop, extra in law unit and a large main home which was in good shape. The 1 acre site was completely developed and included 3 old oak trees, decks, asphalt driveways and electric security gates. After I completed my inspection Bob Johnson, the loan officer, took me to lunch where I had a delicious garden burger. Then I set to work with a stop at the local MLS board. It was locked up tight, yup, a vacation day so my prime source of useful data was beyond reach. Fortunately I had brought my own research and proceeded to find each of the sales which were spread over a 5 mile radius. Just above the turn to the last two the traffic was stopped as chains were required. As I completed my work the snow began to fall and I've included a photo from the window of the street.

The trip home was uneventful but long. I pulled in about 7 pm and I'm soon going to be in the jetted tub in my bedroom and then head to bed.

When one is traveling long miles one has time to think, to reflect, to dream and to plan. I sincerely hope that the recovery path I seem to be on now will continue. I had several very serious bouts of coughing, ones that take the breath away totally but eventually the lungs sort of clear and then I can proceed with breathing again. When these sessions hit while driving it is alarming.

I face the blessing of a real pile of work both to see and to complete writing up. I was able to make the house payment early this month which is a step ahead.

I'm enjoying meeting people on Face Book and I'm still getting used to how to use it effectively.

I am so thankful for the rain. While it is a minor irritant in measuring homes the overall need for snow in the mountains and rain everywhere is so great, well its worth it.

So I'm sending tired but genuine love to all and asking that you pray for my little friend Kaleb Want. He is in the hospital and his symptoms are stumping the experts so far. He and his precious family needs our prayers.


love


tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Glad You had a safe trip Yesterday. This wet weather is really something.We do need the moisture but it is not much fun while it is coming down.

Today we are going to the Center for Lunch then Wed the menue is not something that We like so I will be cooking at home.

Have a great day and a good week of Healing.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.