Monday, February 23, 2009

Alive and well

Dear Family and Friends,

Well I'm pumped, its been a great day, adventures from helping Ray get his car out of the mud, inspect a cute Salt Box style house in Tracy, lunch at Olive Garden, write appraisals, walk in the rain with Ken and now I've been playing with my new business on the Internet. I am so excited about the video phone, I just can't wait to be able to call Timothy and not only hear him but see him in action too. And finally after hearing about such devices for years its here and now.

Health wise I have hardly coughed today at all. It feels so good to be able to go out in public without coughing myself under the table. Ken and I walked this morning and it all went fine for the first 1/2 of the route, then tiny sprinkles started and before long it was a steady drizzle. We stayed warm and did fine but were a bit damp by the time we got home. Of course with the house warm and comfortable being a damp was no problem.

In the morning I get to get the kidos ready for school and help Steve and Nikki out. It will be fun to see them in action, they are just so cute and lovable. I know all of you with grandchildren know what I mean and those of you who have not yet been blessed think the rest of us are nuts. If we are its a great way to go. Little ones do cute things, say cute things and see the world totally different than grownups and its fun to reconnect with childhood again.

Well I'm heading to bed earlier than usual tonight, I was sleepy today as I drove about. One of the high points of the day was to talk to Dana, Nan's sister from Houston. She and her family are coming to visit this summer for awhile and we are all looking forward to seeing each other again. In spite of the bad economy Ron has been able to retain his job in the underground movement of oil and other chemicals across the south, not easy and high stress but very important.

I'm about to give up Comcast and obtain Direct dish, less money, more channels and NO MORE COMCAST cable service for TV. But my favorite of them all is my little 3ABN dish that gives me worship services and great music. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving and giving.

I send my greetings to all,

love

tim

No comments: