Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cranking out the work

Dear Family and Friends,
10:35 and I'm late to bed, oh well, seems if I go to bed on time I wake up at 5 in the morning and the dogs really don't like that, actually I'm not too keen on it either.
Art and Connie have made a safe trip back to Gilroy which when traveling in the winter is a good thing, safe trip. When Art asked me if it had rained here today I had to admit I didn't know. I was so focused on getting appraisal work completed that I pretty much stayed in my work chair. I had steel cut oats for breakfast, then the new loaf of bread was completed around noon so I had a slice with avocado, then late this afternoon brown rice with a bit of soup mixed in and green beans and this evening some tomato rice soup.
Ray and I were able to get the Internet working for Lois which is like life blood for her. She knows how to do so many things with her computer its amazing. Like this afternoon she took on the task of trying to cancel Nan's Internet provider which charges $21.95 every month. Yet I was not wanting to lose my ability to do the blog which I thought was somehow connected. Well it is but she managed to get the month amount down from $21.95 to just $5.00 a month, that is quite a savings, nice work. I think I'll turn her lose on Blue Cross and my medical insurance.
This evening Ray was kind enough to follow me down to the motorhome storage yard so I could put away the coach. The sign clearly states the hours are 7 am to 9 pm yet when I put in the code it said, yard was closed. Tomorrow the people that run the storage facility will have some explaining to do. This is the 3rd time they have messed up with the gate not working right and I'm getting tired of it. Time to find an alternate place to park it, there are several around.
At this point I only have one appraisal left to writeup and a few days ago I had 10. I am very thankful for the work and now thankful it is out the door and to the lenders.
I'm wondering how you are enjoying winter? My brother reported a constant snow fall this evening and last time I talked to Marilyn in Rhode Island she had been having snow for days. Roxanna from Conn. reports snow since Christmas. And I tend to complain if the temp drops below 40 degrees, shame on me.
Carol from N. Carolina reported this evening that for days the temp was freezing or less and today it was 70 degrees. That is change.
Well I'm looking forward to the week. I'm totally tired of constant coughing and I think I'm about to demand a chest XRay. I'm now into several months of being ill most of the time and frankly its getting old.
So now we have a new week to enact our brilliant story, I wish you the best as you begin anew to do a good job, keep your job and help someone who might have lost a job. In spite of the silly hysteria coming from Washington we are Americans and we will whip this present situation just like we have managed every other challenge, we will live with less, save more, try harder, be more patient, rediscover our values and win.
love to all,

Tim

No comments: