Saturday, February 7, 2009

A blessed day

Dear Family and Friends,
10:10 and I'm going to bed very soon. This morning started with an early call, 5:45. Ken and I walked our route in total darkness and for the first half I doubt Ken or I thought I would make it, coughing, shortness of breath but by the time I got home I was feeling much better, breathing better. I made eggs and had some toasted slices of my bread, banana. Then to the shower and out the door to pick up Keanna. She was rarin to go, cute as can be in a Sabbath dress and blue eyes blazing. We had an on time arrival, rare for the two of us. Keanna did a very good job of being a good example to younger kids in Sabbath School. Then it was off to see Sylvia. We stayed in the other room where slightly older kids have Sabbath School for awhile and then Keanna and I met Nikki and Kallie for lunch. Kallie had her first "wheel" cookie thing and watched every movement of everyone at other tables around us. The eggplant was perfect and really hit the spot. We missed you Bob and Carrol but understand how important recovery from illness is. Then Nikki had a couple errands so I kept Kallie with me, she slept for a bit but then was up and ready to see. So I held her in the drivers seat for awhile where she chewed on the steering wheel, reached repeatedly for the keys, looked out the window, smiled, grumbled and mostly wiggled. What a cutie she is and so much fun to hold and watch in action.
Then it was home to do a little repair in a Internet cable next door and rest for a bit, have dinner and then drive to my friend's house, Jim and Marti Edwards. I really had a great time learning about options and then drove home, tired but very upbeat. I don't feel well, many sessions of coughing today and that is debilitating at best.
Somewhere, somehow there are solutions to the illness I am experiencing. At least I certainly hope so.
I was struck again this morning with how nice it is to put on new tennis shoes every morning. I love them, I never have any food pain or leg pain since buying them, thanks so much Roger and Carol, the shoes are perfect.
So good night my family, my friends. I hope your day has brought you love, peace, joy and sanity.

love

tim

No comments: