Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Keanna falls ill

Dear Family and Friends,
Well this morning I drove to Steve and Nikki's which is nearby to watch the kidos so both Steve and Nikki could get to their early morning jobs. Money is tight and you've just got to work when there is work to be had. When Keanna woke she was sick, had a fever and was coughing really badly. Eventually I delivered Kallie to her sitters but kept Keanna with me for the day. She rested, watched some TV, drank lots of water, had lunch and just tried to get well. Nikki came mid afternoon to take her home where she finally got some extra rest. later in the afternoon I picked up Kallie and delivered her home. When I arrived at the sitters who just happen to be marvelous people, they had her in a high chair and she was munching on Rice Crispies, it was so cute, a few made it into her mouth and many fell to the the floor, she was enjoying herself, smiling, kicking and having great fun.
I worked around Keanna's needs today and got the rest of the week scheduled. later in the day the mid day appraisal fell through for tomorrow so I have just one, a 5 pm in Napa tomorrow evening. So If need be I can help with Keanna tomorrow too. It really got to me to hear her cough and then say, I don't feel so well, having just come through months of coughing I totally understand what she was feeling. I did everything I knew how to do to help her, kept the house warm, kept her under a blanket, kept her water bottle full of fresh water, put Vick's on the soles of her feet just in case it might help. Her blue eyes were so sad from the fever and illness. It all came on fast as she was fine on Sabbath and even Sunday but had to go home from school on Monday and then was worse today. Have you heard about all the sickness this winter, seems nearly everyone I meet is battling with it in a serious manner.
This evening I've been a business meeting learning more things about the company I've become a part of. I am very pleased with everything I'm learning. But by far the most exciting part is the video phone. With it I could be talking to Timothy and we could see each other perfectly while we talked. I'm hearing wonderful stories where grandparents help their kidos with their homework over the video phone each evening even though they live across the country from each other. It is the next wave and with Donald Trump having a 2 hour special next month introducing the phone through his show I think a lot of people will want to have one. If the idea of having video phone calls to family and friends appeals to you email me or call and I'll help it happen, you can be up and talking in a week and that is across the country or across town, no long distance charges, just one monthly fee and it can replace a phone line you already have, you can even keep your phone number. Yes I'm excited about it and perhaps I can keep in touch better with my wonderful Texas kin!
Well this cowboy better hit the hay as 6 am comes early these days.
Sending love to all, we can do this thing called life. We can do it well and with God's help we can enhance each others lives. Junk, possessions, power, prestige they don't matter but people do, relationships do, picking up our shattered lives and moving forward no matter what we have done, finding forgiveness including forgiving ourselves and living this day better than the last.
love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

We did so much enjoy the Sunshine Yesterday. Today We are going to give a try at traveling I80 to Reno for a visit and to get the taxes done for "08". So far it looks like a "Go" but We may get stopped at the Summit for Chains which I will not do, so We will see how things work out. We are planning to leave at 11:00. Coming back on Friday for Choir Practice. Fairmont Choir sings for Church this Sabbath.

Sorry Your G.Daughter is having some "not feeling good" issues but You are so right that so many are dealing with not feeling good now. Let's just just call it a side effect of the "Resession"!!

Have a good day and stay safe,

Love & Prayers,

Bob & Carrol.