Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tim goes to the ER, fun and games

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a strange day, not a typical Sabbath. I woke up after 7 this morning having slept pretty well. The mask and tube were freshly sterilized and that felt good. I came down and took the dogs to the park where they rejoiced in the fresh air. After coming home I sat down with a hot drink and watched the worship hour at Loma Linda University SDA Church. Randy Roberts had a wonderful sermon about treating all people equally. He has a wonderful method for preaching and its great to listen to. It was so much like church that I even dozed off for a minute while he was preaching. Later in the morning I watched the service held at Andrews University where Dwight Nelson was preaching. Over breakfast I watched as he spoke and he too communicated very well. After breakfast I continued to watch pastor Dwight in action.
I left for Sutter Delta Hospital to get a simple swab to test for whooping cough. Jim had called last night to ask me to have the test done this morning as there have been a few cases reported for adults in the general area. When I arrived I found the lab but they turned me away and finally I was directed back to the ER department where I was to spent the next two hours. Finally I was tested with a painful deep swab in my nose, then allowed to dress and finally was released. Now I wait until next Friday for results. Can you believe that, in this day and age it takes 6 days to get results, wow that was a shock.
This evening I am home with a fire going, watching a news special about how the congress arrived at this horrible spending bill, it is interesting to see how easily people spend other people's money and with very little hope that it will really help. At times like these when the temptation is to become upset over government stupidity one has to give it back to God knowing He is in charge and will bring all His children safely home soon.
I am becoming more aware of how important attitude is, how we look at life, how we approach each day, as a privilege, an opportunity or drudgery. I've learned painfully over the past few years that few dreams actually work out and that many hopes can be unfulfilled yet life has good moments, the world has good people, families are precious and each day is a new blank page to be written upon by our actions. How God loves us in spite of our weaknesses and failures. Oh that we could discover and practice that kind of love toward each other.
So this evening I still need your prayers, Jason and Timothy are ill this evening too and have been without power at their home most of the day so its not been a pleasant valentines day for them, I think they could use our prayers as well.

love to all

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We will be praying for You be assured of that.

Both of Us are feeling much better today and it seems that Our Dr has come up with the right combination of Antibiotics, etc, to get Us around this stuff! I am also using an Inhaler 4 times a day Dr tells Me that I must stick with it for 21 days till it is gone so I'll do as He says.

Looks like We are going to have some more rain & wind tonight, I'm ready for it to get nice & warm and sunny again.

Are You ready for Double Car Licence Fees !! and .15 cents additional tax on gas? I thought We got rid of Grey Davis over that idea a few Years ago, Looks like Arnold has been Drinking from the same cup as Old Grey was!

Hang in there,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, it's a tough winter for many. I've used my inhaler more frequently; generally, I only trouble in the early fall. I hope you are feeling better soon; no one deserves it as much as you. Glad you are able to stay positive for the most part. I'm watching the birds in the garden enjoying the rain, and realizing there is good in every "bad" situation if we care to look for it. Thx for helping me know where to look.

Deborah