Sunday, March 22, 2009

Friends are such fun

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a windy day, so much wind in fact that it wiped out our planned walk this morning. I used the time to do busy work in the office and then left for Napa where I had the privilege of having lunch with Dolly and Bart Vogel. These two along with Howard taught Nan and I the appraisal business about 22 years ago and we have always been very grateful for the chance they gave us at a new way to work and live. Lunch was great and to just see them and hear how they are doing was very very special. For those of you who know Dolly you know what a special person she is, she is God's own for sure and to get to spend time with her and learn of her latest adventures, well it was very nice.
Then I drove on up to Santa Rosa to do a driveby of a large home located on 12 acres. The day was beautiful with fleecy clouds high in the deep blue sky, the green fields, horse and sheep in the fields as I drove about. Then I drove back to Vallejo to complete an appraisal of a very different kind of property. One that was nice at one point but has been trashed by mindless youth, every window pane broken, holes knocked in the walls and the back door totally gone, missing. Wow, that was some experience.
Now at 8:30 I've just arrived at home and in a few minutes will leave again. Someone was nice enough to set aside a room at the local sports bar and steak house for those of us connected with ACN to watch the celebrity apprentice show that starts at 9. It should be fun.
Coming home does not have the same excitement that it had for the last 36 years. Knowing Nan was here and waiting always brought a smile to my face and a impetus to get home to see her and what she had planned. The dogs are glad to see me but it is certainly not the same.
So I'm sending you my best thoughts this evening and reminding you that I can help you move into the 21st century with a video phone, its a great way to shorten the distance between you and the ones you love. 50 million people can't be wrong.
love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim!! I've been traveling and out of touch with email and blogs. So glad to be back and getting caught up with everyone! I watched "Apprentice" last night; I didn't realize you were getting involved with ACN - are you working for them? I'm curious about the video phone and may look into it. Just wish it was available in China - that's where my farthest-away loved one is - my son, Michael. Happy you are doing well. Let me know when you are heading my way!

Deborah