Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Keeping busy

Greetings to all
I'm writing early as I plan to go to bed shortly. Ken and I walked this morning and it was cold, well at least cold for our world here in California. We hustled around our 3 miles and went our individual ways. I inspected two sales of bank foreclosures, both in decent shape and one selling for just over $100,000! Then the phone rang and a kind gentleman reminded me we had an appointment out in the country to see a ranch. I had written it down somewhere but forgotten. So I beat a hasty drive over to make the inspection. Then it was to Longs for meds and home where I worked until 2 when it was time for her special highness to come visit for the afternoon. Nikki had provided a new learning video game and Keanna and I retrieved grammies TV from her desk and set it up in the family room, plugged in the cables, I had Keanna do it and she played happily learning lessons all afternoon. Snacks included non butter popcorn, apple juice, two red jellos and Reeses crackers.
This evening Ray and Lois invited me over for pizza which we enhanced with fresh tomatoes and olives. Lois was celebrating her birthday so I sang the happy birthday song to her. I think she was shocked that I could sing and frankly its been a while since I sang and I was shocked too. All to soon the fun was over and I headed back to make appointments. I currently have 16 appraisals to make appointments for and about 12 to write up. Suddenly I am snowed under with work and while most of it won't pay for a month or two it is very welcome. This evening I created a master map showing where each of the properties are located and then set to making appointments. I have nearly all of them set up for visits tomorrow and Thursday. Yes I will be a busy boy for sure.
It is so gratifying to see work of this magnitude coming in. One never knows for how long but I have to do the best I can with the current situation and let the future care for itself.
I am still enjoying sharing the Lincoln expression, people are about as happy as they chose to be. There is so much truth in that simple phrase. How happy have I decided to be? To be totally frank I have not come to the place where I enjoy life alone. I like to share ideas, meals, walks, slow Sunday mornings, times of watching the sun set over the lake. Yet at this point alone is where I find myself so might as well be happy.
Keanna added a great deal of fun to the afternoon. Her antics, mood swings, spunk and expressions are delightful. Yesterday she lost her second tooth so she has a new look to her which I think is totally cute and refreshing.
A few minutes ago a friend and mortgage broker called to ask if I minded coming out to meet her at her car. She had cash for me for an upcoming appraisal, what a nice surprise that is.

Good night my friends near and far. Art and Connie are in Seattle caring for two delightful kidos for a few days so they are getting a huge dose of grand parenting, they are having fun with it.

love

tim

No comments: