Saturday, April 3, 2010

The girls hunt easter eggs








Dear Family and Friends,
As I write I am so tired I can hardly move. I honestly don't think I've recovered yet from the spinner class plus hay fever and chest congestion and low blood sugar.

Ken and I walked this morning at 7, it was cold and we were glad to get home. Then at 9:30 Nikki, Steve and girls parked in my driveway and we all ended up at the nearby park where the Lions Club hosted a huge Easter egg hunt. The search areas were divided into three age groups and hundreds of kidos appeared. The easter bunny was there for photos. I've included a few photos from the exciting time we had. Kallie did a new behavior that was so cute. All throughout the Easter egg hunt she kept asking if we could go to the slides. So when we got a minute I took her to the slides. She learned how to climb the stairs safely and slid down several times. When her parents arrived on the scene she walked to the top of the slide and reached up to get a hand hold on little bars that are above the slide, then she lifted her feet up and began to make money sounds. She was laughing and swinging back and forth by her arms and saying monkey. It was so cute.

This year Keanna was not shy and raced onto the collection field when it was time and she collected a lot of eggs, more even than her friends, later I heard her say she was going to go share some of them with a little girl who didn't find very many.
After we walked back the kids loaded and left and I went in to take a rest and get warm. I built a fire using the last piece of wood I had brought back from Jerry and Donna's house last summer. The fire was nice and I rested. I woke and turned on Loma Linda broadcasting. They were showing the worship hour at the Loma Linda church, sort of a high church. Randy Roberts was preaching and he delivered an outstanding sermon, really moving and the moment he concluded brass and the orchestra began, they were joined a few seconds later by the pipe organ and then the choir. Each verse was more exciting with more bombastic music. By the time they finished I was in tears, it was just so beautiful. Thank you Donna and Shawn for the satellite dish, it is still wonderful.

Eventually I woke enough mess around outside, knocked down some weeds, talked to Lois and then Ray arrived from San Jose. This evening I planted some tomato plants in the planters on the back deck. Steve had all the old stuff pulled out.

This evening I'm feeling very rough, I think I might need more antibiotics again as I'm being hit by the same mess as before. Also the new medicine is driving my blood sugar levels down so much that I'm feeling different than usual.

Anyway it was a very special day, seeing the kids have so much fun and just getting to spend time with them, its very special and I appreciate it.

Love to all

Tim

No comments: