Thursday, April 15, 2010

What a day

I knew when I woke this morning that today was going to be busy, I had no idea of just how busy. Yet it ended in such a dramatic and wonderful fashion it was worth it all.
Steel cut oats and a banana, then do research for two properties, then leave for an on time arrival at Dr. Jim's office, unfortunately he was running way behind so I did not get to see him until 1 hour and 45 minutes later, that sort of ruined some of my plans to see an Antioch property. I drove directly to my 1 pm appointment and found a beautiful home in a quiet neighborhood. Once I reached my car I discovered that it was already 2 pm and Sylvia was returning from her bird watching tour in Butan, a country located adjacent to India.
I headed toward Dublin and the BART station where she was waiting. She filled me in on many of the wonderful adventures of her trip and we both rejoiced that she was home safely ahead of many cancelled flights due to the volcano in Iceland. Having delivered her to her front door I drove back to Discovery Bay and did a bit in the office, then to Brentwood to turn in prescriptions Jim had written for new meds and then drove to Stockton to attend the symphony with a friend. Tonight we heard music written by Saint-Saens, Schumann and Respighi. I've loved the music of Respighi for years but never seen it performed live before. It was everything I had hoped, it is exciting music and many extra members were added to the orchestra for its performance. One simply could not sleep during the performance, impossible, loud, subtle, fragile, atonal, interesting. Great experience just hearing it, seeing it performed and the conductor, Peter Jaffe not only does a great job but also stops to explain what is going to happen. Makes it so much more interesting then to hear what he has just explained. Amazing.
Tomorrow is another day but this evening was magic for many reasons.

love
tim

No comments: