Friday, April 9, 2010

Interesting week

Dear Family and Friends,
As I start this I realize I need to go take my blood sugar as I'm sort of wobbly as I sit here, I'll be right back. Its now two hours later, the blood was 113 which is fine but it seems since I've been much higher than that for the past few months when I get down into the normal range I feel strange. I'll adjust.
When I was in the kitchen I made a smoothie, banana, strawberries, berry yogurt and a little light soy milk with a few ice cubes. It was really outstanding.
Today was interesting. For the first time that I can remember I have seen the last property that I have an order for, no new orders to see right now. I guess I should be alarmed but since I have 4 to write up, I'll worry later.
Right now its the Sabbath and I'm glad it is. So far this evening Ken has not called so if I walk in the morning I'll be doing it on my own.
This morning I drove to Antioch and did an appraisal on a house that is investor owned and in the middle of the update. Wow, they really strip the house down before they start to put it back together. Then I drove to Vallejo where the agent warned me that it was not in the best part of town, he was right. The house wasn't bad but is now bank owned and empty. It had more locks on it than just about any house I've seen before. One key opened them all.
After Vallejo the next part of the day was more interesting. I think I've mentioned that I'm working on a 11 acre mini estate, a villa really and the comps would be from a widespread area. Since there are no sales of comparable homes in Brentwood I had to branch out to a regional basis. So today I shot photos of homes in Lafayette, then Livermore. After finishing up the comps for that one then I moved to comps for the big house and 5 acres which is located up on Altamont Pass. Those comps started in Livermore and then were mostly located in Tracy. By the time I finished shooting photos I had drive over 200 miles, finished the book, Younger Next Year and moved on to concert music on XM 78.
So I finally arrived at home around 7. I was tired but gratified that the day went safely, I was able to locate all the comps due to the GPS and that I was finally home. Even though being home meaning being alone I continue to treasure the experience of driving into the driveway, opening the garage door and being able to park the bug for a few hours.
There is something going on in my life that I cannot fully explain. I'm still on antibiotics and will be for several days, I'm on this new diabetes medicine and I'm dumping weight. There are times I feel so tired I could nearly fall over, other times I feel jittery, yet other times when I feel optimistic and full of energy. I know it is a nice thing to have to pull the belt two notches tighter and bending over is a bit easier.
I'm hoping to be able to take the girls to Sabbath School but I'll find that out in the morning. I know Keanna has a very busy schedule tomorrow with several social events to attend.

Art and Connie are on a camping trip yet within phone range so I've gotten to talk to him a couple times today, sounds like they are having a great time and the weather is perfect so far. How nice it is to have sun, all day today I kept the AC on low and the air recirculating instead of coming in fresh. The less fresh air filled with pollen the better. It was totally comfortable all day in the car, what a total blessing that little car is and since Steve washed it I'm enjoying walking up to it now and climbing in.

I'm about to tackle some landscaping in the front yard, I want color, rows of flowers with different colors. I admire it in other's yards and I want it in mine too. It will be a workout and I know it will turn out good, Steve won't let me fail. Doing this will mean I have to pull out bulbs that Nan put in the ground years ago but I think I can save the bulbs and replant them in a better place, any suggestions about bulbs?

Well its bed time, good night or morning. Enjoy the weekend with those you love. The book has several chapters about how important being close to people is, how much it helps us be healthy and have enjoyable lives. I am grateful for you.

love

tim

No comments: