Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where are the orders?

Dear Family and Friends,
This evening as I write the room feels chilly, the dogs are nearby expressing their desire to head up to bed, classical music is infiltrating the room through the little Bose speakers, the work chair is getting a bit hard after so many hours spent in it today.
This morning I worked for awhile then went up to shower. Then I left Discovery Bay for Concord via Marsh Creek Road. It is a beautiful but narrow country road which winds its way to Clayton. Whenever it rains you can count on some rocks in the road and some minor slides, you would think after all these years that everything that was going to slide would have done so long ago but no it never fails. The road winds through ranches, a mobile home park and follows a dry creek bed much of the way. This time of year it abounds with green and hillsides even have flowers. Once it rains then that dry creek bed gives way to a serious river.
I chose to go the country way when I can as it reflects what a prefer, if I had a choice I'd never step on concrete or asphalt again, I like the outdoors, birds singing, bees working, winds blowing through tree tops, ripples on the water of some high altitude lake or the sea rolling in relentlessly seeking more. There are many things human beings have created that are wonderful, like concert halls, beautiful homes, solemn churches, parks etc.
Tomorrow if the weather is good Keanna and I will probably find a park for a bit, she to play and for me a chance to do a recharge on nature and of course the hay fever too.
I'm living and working in a strange world right now. With rising interest rates, decreasing values in some areas and the wonderful new world of management companies I often wonder where I fit in anymore. Our kind Lord has continued to send work, much less than I would prefer and often strange and new properties with lower and lower fees paid. Yet I am still in business and I am thankful for that.
The process of being alone the vast majority of the time and remaining optimistic, energetic and up to speed is a daunting one. I often fail, I do experience depression, I'm frequently disappointed in my own performance. Yet there are things to be done. Today after seeing the nicely staged home in Concord I found the local CostCo intent on buying tomatoes. I took my time and enjoyed people watching, little people, tall people, young, older, a melting pot of ethnic backgrounds, a babble of languages yet a very happy and busy bunch of people. I not only found the tomatoes but also purchased another case of water, black berries, romaine hearts and raspberries. Of course I had to have the berry desert they sell and once outside I opened the berries and added more to the yogurt, oh it was so good. I know, probably a thousand points for weight waters. It served as lunch at least for a while until I reached Disco Bay. At that point I had a Subway with garden burger patty.
Late this afternoon I pulled out the blender, in went black berries, raspberries, low fat yogurt, low fat soy milk and some ice cubes. It was wonderful and served as dinner.
So for now I'm signing off and heading to bed. I am always thankful for special friends, my precious family who are always there for me and a special call from our pastor today.
Love

tim

No comments: