Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Perfect Sunday




Wow the weather was great today. I'm just back from a ride with Ray around the lake on his missionary launch. Little wind, warm weather, busy ducks and geese and on occasion a dog to run out to the end of his dock and bark at us. We sipped ice tea and solved many of the world's pressing problems.


The day started with drill Sargent Ken commanding a 3 mile endurance walk around Willow Lake. Next was a breakfast of 2 links, one wheat toast and a mug of steel cut oats with black berries and raspberries.


I then dutifully went to my desk and in a few minutes was hard at work on an appraisal. Once that was completed I took a break to throw the ball for Jazz so she could swim and enjoy herself. Ken and LeAnn gave me a vessel full of water with energizer for the tomato plants which I applied to them.


Then it was back to work. Of course lunch popped up and I decided to do a salad. Using romaine hearts as the base I started. Lois was in the kitchen and pointed out that I had a nice little machine to chop up food items so I began to use that for the lettuce and tomatoes. It worked great. Then I added sauteed mushrooms that had a touch of sesame oil, chopped up string cheese, sliced olives and a hard boiled egg.


Once the salad was tossed and smothered in non fat Italian dressing I headed for the table that Nikki and Steve provided, cleaned a section of the top and settled in to enjoy the great taste of the salad. I brought out the little radio that Jason and Jo gave me for Christmas and enjoyed the beauties of the lake while eating, classical music in the background. A very nice lunch.


At some point Lois called to let me know about a duck with her babies swimming by. I've included a couple photos of a very precious little family. Some of the joys of living on the lake.


After all the fun I came back to the desk and wrote a tough appraisal and its already emailed to the client.


Now evening is descending and while rain is rumored for tomorrow this has been a great day.


A side note: we are pretty sure that raccoons have been visiting the dog food bowl during the night. This morning the floor was a mess with footprints all over the place. I don't like the idea of them in the house so tonight the dog door is going to be locked up tight. Moo moo and George will have to adjust to not being able to come in and out all night, sorry guys.


I'm hoping for a great week with new work for Steve and me, its time for our luck to change for the better.


I'm hoping things are good for you and your loved ones. Relationships are precious and we need to care of them while we have them, that is now, not tomorrow or later. Love your kidos and let them know how precious they are to you, don't assume that they know, tell them over and over. Do at least 2 positive things or comments for every negative thing you say.




Love to all,




Tim

No comments: