Friday, April 16, 2010

Whew, its over







11 pm and I'm so glad this week is over, gone, done, finished.



I have almost nothing to say tonight so this will be very short. The one really special thing that happened today was the arrival on my door step of Keanna, Kallie and their mother. I've included a couple photos of the girls as they played, munched and lifted my spirits in a way only little people can.



Nikki had important wrapping work to do so I kept the girls busy. Keanna turns 7 on the 30th, can you believe it? Already 7 years old. Kallie is her happy busy self and loves to play with my dogs since they are so much shorter than her doggie which is tall and very strong. My little girls are short, pretty friendly and Kallie loves to play with them, she also enjoys playing with her dolls, their little bed, their stroller etc. Once they arrive all the stuff that tends to occupy my mind, work concerns, money concerns, tax concerns, health, you get the picture, all of that is forgotten and these two little ones fill the screen with their cuteness and busy play. Keanna wanted crackers and ate a bunch, she also wanted water and nearly finished an entire bottle, Kallie ask for a drink so when I opened the frig door she saw the apple juice containers which I keep on her level in the door and asked for that. She drank it all and then handed it to me with a single word, gone. As always I hated to see them leave and did my funny little dance in the driveway as they drove away, they expect it and scream with delight as I rush the car or do something else totally silly. Somehow it does not matter at the moment, the kids are everything.



Tomorrow morning I'm taking Kallie to Sabbath School, Keanna appears to be busy with something and then in the afternoon Keanna is taking part in a kids olympics at her gym so I'll be there with the camcorder at 2:30.



This afternoon Keanna looked up at the frig door and saw a picture of Nan and me. She looked up and said papa and I told her as I pointed to Nan, this is Grammy. She looked and looked, its the start of introducing her to Nan, Nikki says she has a book with photos of Nan that she shows to Kallie..



I'm fading so I'll bid you goodnight now.



Love






tim

2 comments:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim; I'm way behind on reading your blog so am trying to catch up. LOVE the photos of the girls; so beautiful! I can't believe the change in Kallie, especially, since last time I saw a picture of her; they are both growing up so fast. I've put "Younger Next Year" on hold at the Benicia library; there is also another version called "Younger Next Year for Women," I ordered that one, too! Am looking forward to reading them both. I have another suggestion for your breakfast, if you enjoy smoothies: In a blender put one banana, 3/4 cup soy or rice milk (or regular milk, if you like), 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, a handful of ice cubes, and (brace yourself) a large handful of fresh spinach leaves. Whirl it all up, enjoy the lovely spring-green color, and then drink. It's delicious! You can also add wheat germ, flax seed, protien powder, etc., as you wish, for extra nutrition. Nice change from oat meal now that the weather is getting warmer. Also great as a snack. I just got a new job and start next Tuesday; you can bet I'm very grateful for it with so many unemployed right now. Let's hope for great days ahead for us both!

Deborah

worldamazingfacts said...

Am looking forward to reading them both. I have another suggestion for your breakfast, if you enjoy smoothies