Thursday, November 19, 2009

A big day full of beauty

Dear Family and Friends,

For those of you who are retired what I am about to describe will make you very tired and glad you no longer work for a living.

Ken and I walked in 33 degree weather this morning, then I quickly showered and discovered two new orders had come in during the night. They were both for drivebys in San Jose and Campbell. I quickly loaded them into the system, did research and still got to my first appointment which was with Steve at a local home. He finished up that inspection and I left for Carmel. My GPS said it would take about 2.5 hours and I arrived just about on time. What a beautiful trip through cool weather, light traffic, yummy water and mocha on board. Carmel Valley is a beautiful place and is located about 12 miles from the ocean.

The property was average but the people were very nice. The property backs to a river which a few years ago overflowed and flooded them out. The town is filled with little stores and deli's. Even the Chevron had a deli where I had a rye and cheese sandwich. As I was driving around shooting comps I encountered a very strange and seasonal moment. As I drove up Country Club Drive I was stopped by three very agressive Turkeys, yes literally. One would not let me pass and started attaching the car over and over again. Finally I just had to take a chance and I drove slowly forward until they finally gave up. It was a wild experience and it made me smile.
After I finished searching for the comparables I left the area and headed back through beautiful valleys and hills to San Jose. I did the first driveway of a beautiful and huge home in an upscale area and located all the comps. By then the sun was setting so I was not able to conduct the second appraisal. However I was able to meet an agent who recently ordered an appraisal and picked up a check. That was nice.
At this point with darkness creeping in I set the GPS for my favorite setting, home. However the traffic was not going to cooperate. It was very slow going for dozens of miles over the Sunol Grade. Finally I reached open freeway and completed the trip. As I came to a halt in the garage I mouthed the simple words, thank you Lord for one more day of safety on the busy roads. There really is no better place than home, oh vacations are great and travel is incredible but home is in a whole different league of locations.
After taking a few minutes to recoup and opening the mail I reloaded my body into the car and went to the club. For those of you who go to clubs you know the burn that takes place when muscles are pushed further than they like. It is a burn that shouts out, stop this now or I will break, I will bleed, I will quit. I experienced that 8 times as I moved from workout station to station. I went in tired and I could feel the fatigue as I worked out yet I walked out very very proud of myself. This is a good thing, a very good thing.
Now I'm heading to bed and oh by the way I was not alone at the movie! Which made it an even nicer evening.
love to all

Tim

No comments: