Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The family gathers











Dear Family and Friends,




As I write this evening Jason and Jo are cooking and baking in the kitchen, Keanna and Timothy are playing and the dogs are happy as clams. The home is warm with a fire in the wood stove, wood which came from Jerry and Donna's home in Weed.




Ken and I walked this morning in the crisp air and upon my return I came directly to the office and began work on conditions and then an appraisal for Carmel Valley. I completed that appraisal this afternoon at 1:20. That's how long it can take to get appraisals written these days with the new requirements. One just cannot be too careful in what is said, how it is said, making the right value decisions etc.




Mid day Jason called to say they were on their way. They left MBA early to avoid the traffic which gathers in the late afternoon. I was actually in the shower when they arrived after running the vacuum, cleaning a bit here and there and pulling two little ACs out of the windows in the guest bedrooms. Funny thing is happening to my body, with just a few workout sessions behind me I'm already much more capable of lifting heavy weights, bending and working than a few months ago. I feel more stable on my feet, I'm not falling asleep anymore during the day as I work, things are better!




And now I'm going to give it up for the evening. Ken and I are hitting the pavement at 7 in the morning and then I'll return to a day of joy with this precious family God has granted me.








Love to all and happy thanksgiving. In spite of so many things that are going the wrong way this is still a wonderful place to live, the USA and people are precious. May your day be special and enrich your life.








Tim

No comments: