Friday, November 13, 2009

A first!

Dear Family and Friends,
How thankful I am that the Sabbath has arrived. I hope Keanna decides to go to Sabbath School in the morning.
Last night after I blogged and went to bed I fell asleep quickly but shortly thereafter I was awake and not at all sleepy. As I reviewed the evening I realized that the 42 Oz's of Coke Free probably had something to do with it. When I drank it I thought Free meant free of both sugar and caffeine but Lois corrected that misunderstanding. The 42 oz really did a job on my sleeping. Finally I gave up and came down, climbed under a little electric blanket Nan used to use in the chair and watched a couple programs off the DVR. The dogs were confused but came down and joined me with wonder in their eyes, what is going on with our daddy? Finally at 1:45 I felt sleepy and went back to bed, then I slept until 7:15 and I've not been sleepy today.
Once I was up and awake I loaded up and set the GPS for Fairfax in Marin county. I arrived 30 minutes early. What fun this inspection was! The owner's dad had constructed the house many years ago and everywhere was evidence of excellent woodwork. Although dated by today's standards the home was in perfect shape and beautiful. Bright blue tile lined the bathroom floor, shower and counters, a deep pool glistened in the back. But what was so special, a first for me was located beside the house. There stood a bomb shelter. Yep, just like it was built in the first place which gives you an idea of the age of the house. Of course the buyers are thrilled and plan to turn it into a wine cellar of all things.
The property is located in a wide valley with sweeping vistas of steep hills on both sides. These tree lined hills were green and inviting.
After a quick and unremarkable lunch at Pancho Villa's I set sights on a house in Pittsburg. This bank owned property was 3200 sf and in perfect condition and yet was selling for half the price of the house in Fairfax. Location is still vital.
As I was completing the appraisal Pam called to say she was in the area and invited me to dinner. We met at the Cheesecake Factory in Dublin and had a lovely meal even splitting a pumpkin cheesecake desert. Wow will that help the weight! It was so good.
Now I'm home and heading to bed now, 9:50 and intend to sleep undisturbed for a while bunch of hours.
While this week has had its challenges I'm thankful that it is over, I'm sure you are too.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments: