Saturday, November 7, 2009

Keanna goes to church

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a really interesting day! Keanna and I had Belgium Waffles for breakfast and then drove the 30 minutes to church. I stayed with Keanna through the first part of the program where Wes and Rod interacted with the kids. Then the groups divided into age appropriate classes and Sylvia and Keanna were in a class by themselves. I slipped away and joined Loren Dunston's class of adults. After an interesting discussion I sent back to find that Sylvia now had about 6 or 7 kids in her class and it looked like they had a great time. Each child had drilled a hole in a block of wood, hammered a nail into it and screwed a screw into the hole they drilled. So Keanna left with a beautiful rose, two orchid blossoms, the block of wood and her story filled paper. She played for a bit with the toys in the classroom and then we left for Olive Garden. Nikki and Kallie drove in to meet us and we had a great lunch together. However when Kallie was through eating she began to hurl food items so I took her outdoors for a bit to literally cool off. At that point we each went our own ways.
I came home and collected all Keanna's things, packed them up and took them over just in case she and her daddy needed anything for her father and daughter event at her school. Then I came home and relaxed for a bit and perhaps even nodded off.
This evening I have caught up on several programs I enjoy watching off the DVR, Mentalist, CSI, NCIS etc. In the later afternoon first friend Art called and we chatted for awhile. Then a call came in from Jerry who was cooling his heels after a day in the garden and walking the woods. No sooner than we stopped talking and it was Sibyl, my sister from Ohio and we talked nearly 1/2 hour. What fun to catch up with friend and family.
I hope your day went well, this is such a great time of year. My weekend was sure enhanced by Keanna coming to visit. She is a bright, active idea generator.

love

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hey Tim, tomorrow I'm starting a 28-day vegan challenge to see if it will help with my high cholesterol. Want to join me? It's short notice so jump in whenever you want.

Deborah