Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another day, another dollar

Dear Family and Friends,
Our cold weather continues, yes I know we need the rain but I don't think that means we have to enjoy it. I've dug out a heavy coat with a hood and actually wore it several times today. Its just to damp and cold to measure a house with scrubs and grass without a coat. This afternoon I inspected a home in Antioch. The owner was confined to a very complicated wheel chair due to Lou Gharigs (sp) disease. His son was there to meet me and was ordering a new wheel chair while I was inspecting. Life can certainly throw some nasty curves at times. He lost his wife 2 years ago and now has a caregiver who does not speak English. Must be interesting. One could tell by the appearance of the home that there has been a lot of love and care in the past.
Then a stop at Olive Garden for warm soup (Emily spoiled me yesterday with that great soup) and salad, then to CostCo to buy a few things that are cheaper there. Then home to unload and then to the grief recovery meeting, only problem, there was no meeting, in fact the room was being used for a cancer meeting and no one had ever heard of the grief recovery group. Very strange. I was disappointed but vowed to use the evening productively. I dropped by Safeway for milk and yogurt, soup and headed home. As I write I remember that the milk and items are still safely tucked away in the back of the bug, whoops.
I've been cranking out work this evening and hovering over my little heater. I think it is putting out less and less heat as it labors day by day, never did much in the first place.
Tomorrow I have a long day out, Madera and Chowchilla are my destinations.
For those of you following my attempts at exercise I did walk this morning in spite of extreme cold wind which seems to fill my lungs with pain, however I made it around the course and the house seemed like a palace when I got back, warm at 61 and toasty.
I went back to Keanna's school today to get a second dose of her chapel program and she was glad to see Steve and me there. She is so sweet and was thrilled when her daddy said she could go with him for the afternoon. What a great big blessing she is to her pappa.
Tonight after losing out on the grief recovery group I saw the open sign in the hair place so got a hair cut. It will look less frightening after I'm in the wind at homes. Got to think image, not something I usually worried about as Nan would clue me in when I got to raggy looking. Sometimes she cut my hair and that was always fun. For some reason she resisted when I offered to cut her hair, not sure why.
I have no after effects from the tooth fairy's work yesterday. I do have after effects of the kindness shown me by Loren and Emily. They made a very challenging day go very smoothly and I thank them for their help.
This morning when I showered I did not remove my bluetooth devise in my ear. It tended not to work well after that so this evening I went to the ATT&T place to have them look at it. Would you believe I purchased it one year ago on the 18Th of January putting it out of warranty. So I have a new one tonight. I really don't want to drive all the way to Madeira without a safe way to talk on the phone.
I'm also trying to find a way to capture Nan's message on her phone, the one that she had recorded to come on when she was not answering her phone. It is so tender and sweet and I don't want to lose it, any ideas? I need to cancel her phone as it had no minutes on it last month but the bill continues and her contract is up. Another $100 that can be saved.
Are you looking forward to the weekend? I am, not sure why but I still am. Hoping some good comes out of it.
I did discover when I left a message to the blog that if you page down to where it says anonymous that you can leave a message without putting in an email address or anything, do not click on the letter box as that is for sending a copy of the blog to another email address. Use the anonymous way and it comes right through. Sorry it is so complicated but I sure enjoy hearing from each of you. You are playing a role in my recovery and I hope others are gaining courage and strength from our shared time together. Loren and Emily gave me a copy of the Adventist Review with a cover that reads, when you lose a spouse. It has a very very helpful story inside as shared by someone who lost her pastor husband. It has very good advice and I'm enjoying reading it very much.
For tonight I'm through, tired in a good way.
Sending love and a prayer request for Pam Whitted. She has managed to somehow injure her leg and she has not even been able to work the last couple days it is so bad. I know she would appreciate being rememberd to our caring Healer.

love

tim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim -
So glad you're doing OK after that tooth ordeal. Hey, you mentioned wanting to know how to save a message on the phone. When you find out, let me know because I want to save Cal's message on my phone too. When I want to hear his voice, I call home - I love it!!!

I'm back to work today after being off for a week!!! This was a bad bug and leaves a person a little on the weak side for sure.

Happy travels today - Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

You are in for a wet day of driving, lets hope the wind does not become a factor. If it does We will be seeing a lot of trees down, the ground is so soaked.

Carrol's Sister is here for the weekend so the two of them are playing cards and catching up on things between sisters.

We are going to the Senior Center for Lunch today and if the weather is not too bad We will try the Spaghetti Factory for the Friday night two for one deal again.

Have a safe drive today and We will stay in touch.

Bob & Carrol.

PS;
I use the "Nickname" Box on the Blog . Be sure to click the circle and type in Your name, then "Publish". Seems to work every time for Me.

Anonymous said...

Tim,

It is getting pretty windy here in Gilroy - be careful on the road.

In a way it is kind of funny about your blue tooth getting wet. I wonder if that will ever happen to Art as he wears his 'all day long', I don't know anyone that talks on the phone as much as he does. He is out in the yard and the neighbors start talking to him not knowing that he is on the phone.

Tim, read as much as you can about grieving and do find out if the meetings were cancelled and if that is the case find out another place where you can attend.

Have a great weekend and stay dry.

---Connie

Carol and Roger said...

Hello from NC

We picked up my sisters in Charlotte last evening and we are enjoying being together. There's nothing quite like the relationship between sisters. I guess brothers have their own kind of kinship.

Tim, did you try drying out your blue tooth? My Dad dropped his cell phone in the toilet a couple of weeks ago. He opened it up and dried it out and it works great! I thought once an electronic device got wet it was finished. Not with my Dad ~ everything CAN and will be fixed.

I saved a message from Nan on my cell phone for a long time. Unfortunately after a certain length of time the messages are deleted. I felt really bad about it. It was such a sweet message.

Have a great week end of worship, rest and renewal.

Love ~ Carol

Wes said...

Tim,

I have a very grave concern. I would have told you on the phone but you might not be able to hear me. Things have really been going south since your visit to the dentist, the feind. How dare he put a tooth in your ear. One might ask why not put it in your mouth? Probably because it wasn't water soluble as you found out when you took it into the shower. A complete melt down.

Maybe you should just stay away from the water altogether and avoid future problems.

Wes