Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feeling a bit low

HI
This has been a day to forget quickly. Highlights include a call from a credit card company informing me that CA is a community property state so any debts owed by Nan are now my debts so forget they being written off, no way so I just got $50,000 of debt back with monthly payments included. Checks we had received from Blue Cross months ago were suddenly claimed today by a physician group, don't know why Blue Cross did not mail the checks to them in the first place. So that is $446 I need to find and mail out. No money in the mail again, day after day, no money.
Mostly I just feel very blue today, no one to answer to, no one to talk to in the other room, no answers to the huge issues I face, thank goodness for Art, for Jason and for Nikki who all took turns today helping cheer me up.
This mornings walk just seemed to take the last energy out of me, I fell asleep in my work chair and I'm not sure how long I slept. I've been trying to sort papers, set up files, write the checks that absolutely had to be written, paid the house payment with money I didn't have, that's exciting.
I figured out how to print statements for the people we've done work for, the system is broken but I tried a different time consuming way and it worked so when those get mailed out perhaps it will job someones mind about paying up. One client owes over $21,000. Even a little of that would go a long way to helping with the cash flow.
It is dawning on me that I'm in for a long time of challenge, missing Nan and her solid advice, comfort and encouragement, facing the results of a neglected business for months including bill collecting, trying to hold on to the basics, coping with medical issues that are unexpected like the root canal, the oral surgeon, the 24 hours with no driving allowed, not supposed to be alone for the night afterwards (right, how to I solve that one), high blood sugar and the list goes on.
So tomorrow morning I leave at 6 fog or not for Chowchilla, then Hanford and then back home. I'll drive about 300 miles and I'm praying for the safety of the angels to be with me. I'm prepared data wise and map wise, just hope everything goes well and that I can feel good enough to handle everything involved in a day like this.
Does anyone know where Wes went? If he is OK? I miss his wisdom and the other stuff too. Don't know if I offended him, didn't mean to.
I've been warned that recovery from losing Nan would take on many different shapes and forms in the days ahead. I sure miss her strength today. She never gave up on anything including me and how I miss that reassurance tonight.
At this point I have a hard time seeing happiness in this house again. I love being with the kids, they are great, I'm looking forward to traveling to Jo and Jason's house this weekend and seeing Timothy's new moves, extra special is that Nikki and Keanna and hopefully Steve too are coming down to visit as well. That's a whole lot of joy under one roof and my heart is ready for it.
Thanks for letting me unload, I just do not feel like a winner tonight. Rather I feel wind blown, battered and broken a bit.
Family and Friends, thank you for caring.

love

tim

Congrats to Glen and Joyce on being grandparents!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Tim, Get out of the blues! Tomorrow will be better. Don't let the devil get you discouraged. Get those bills out to the people that owe you money, they need to pay so you can pay your bills. Of course you know that but I'm a "reminder" for you. When the sunshines again we will all feel better!! Today we had sunshine for awhile and it was so wonderful...like a BIG lift. Yes, I'm wondering what happened to Wes, too. Maybe he can't get this new blog to work for him. At first it was not too clear as to how to make it work but now it is easy, so try again, Wes. Hang in there, Tim, better days are in the future soon!! I'm certainly enjoying the walker and THANKS a lot for driving all the way up here to deliver it. Cheerio and smile because it is good for your face! Barbie

Anonymous said...

Tim
There will be many down days and try not to let them get you down!! Thank goodness for family to lift back up - God is good!!

Today while you're driving just sing songs to keep you awake and take some water along - that way you'll have to stop often for a pit stop and that will help keep you awake too. Of course, a couple good for you snacks would be nice.

Have a productive day - you travel and work and I'll pray for you. Marilyn

Carol and Roger said...

Good Morning from Snowy NC! This is the most snow we have had in 3 years and it is beautiful. We didn't get the icing that they were expecting. Thank you Lord! We could get more tonight and again on Sabbath. Since everything shuts down in NC when we get snow ~ it's nice to stay in and keep warm and dry by the fire.

Tim, there will be down days. Getting those statements out will help bring in the funds needed. People tend to "forget" payment if they are not billed. You WILL get caught up on your paperwork, billing and even the bills, but don't expect it to happen anytime soon. It takes a long time to catch up. You have had basically 2 years on having to travel away from the office. Of course you are behind. Spending time with family this week end should give you a boost. You might try to work with those credit card debts. No, they don't want to "help" you ~ just get their money TODAY! Roger could give you some suggestions for working with those credit card piraƱas. In his "Financial Peace" classes he teaches he has learned a lot about that subject.

I will pray for safety for you today. You probably haven't left the house yet. May the sun burn openings in the fog to guide you through today.

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Sorry about the "Down Day" invasion. Seems that government regulations & rules can get the best of Us all at times. Our end of Town has just been declared a Flood Plane and We are to get ready for about $2500.00 annual flood Insurance,"Mandatory"!!as early as spring 09, I can't see any benefit to any one but the Insurance companies on that one.What it amounts to is Double Property Taxes on all affected Properties.

Drive with care today and We will be praying that You will get relief soon "In the Mail".

Love & Prayers,

Bob & Carrol.