Saturday, January 19, 2008

Family day

Dear Family and Friends,
Good evening. I am sitting here at the table in the old motorhome while watching 3ABN and a friend is on, Dale Gulusha, he's now with the Pacific Press and is fun to see him with a few more years on him.
We have had a wonderful day. It started with having an excellent night of rest. I woke with no back pain and to a warm bedroom at the back of the motorhome. The dogs were very interested in getting outside so I dressed quickly and we headed out. What we found was a very cold morning, crisp and clear with a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean. Jo created a great breakfast with eggs, vege food sausages, whole wheat bagels. Then off for a quick shower and to Sabbath School where Timothy enjoyed riding a farm tractor, riding a horse, picking apples, singing little songs. A very nice program. Then to church where I must admit I slipped into slumber no matter how hard I tried to wake up. Then back to the the house where Nikki and Keanna soon arrived. They were full of excitement and had presents for Timothy to enjoy, lots of presents, some on loan until Nikki's baby is old enough to enjoy them too. After a good lunch we walked to the beach where we spent some time enjoying the beautiful day, wide open expanses of sand and breaking waves. Finally we headed back up and Nikki, Keanna and I walked the whole ways back up to the house. Then we sat around and talked a while longer and then they left for Discovery Bay. Jo and I watched their new HD TV and a program called 1000 places you need to see before you die. Some of the most wonderful photos of exotic places around the world with nice music in the background. Jason was on supervision this weekend so had to be gone at times to watch over the flock of kids who were on campus. This evening Jason and I have been discussing the current state of the world and politics in general. While we do not agree on many things we do agree to keep it civil and to listen to other person's point of view. Now its time to settle in. Timothy has been exciting today, he wiggles so much and has great expressions all the time. What fun. He is starting to eat food along with his milk and had home prepared sweet potatoes today.
When I get to an area where my cell phone will work I will send myself some of the photos I took today and include them in the blog.
After a week of stress and depression even at times it has been a genuine blessing to be with these precious people who are my family. I love them all so much, what a nice experience it is to just watch them in action, to see them share ideas, talk of future plans and relax together. Of course of special note to me was getting to see both Keanna and Timothy in action. They are both so precious to watch, to hold and to play with. How Nan would have loved this day so I just have to love it for her and vow to do my best to be here to love and esteem my family.
I woke to a blood sugar of just 114 this morning. That is the best it has been in a month. I was so excited, perhaps the exercising and better eating choices is starting to pay off. I do find I am much to short of breath right now and that concerns me a lot. I am glad the physical will be on Monday.
Loren Dunston wrote suggesting he has recovered from his terrible bout with illness to the point he is willing to be my driver this week for work. That is such a very kind idea and I do need his help. I am wondering if he is free to drive me to the doctor's appointment on Wednesday, wait two hours while they torment me and then drive me back home and put me to bed. Then perhaps he can drive me on Thursday for a few appointments. I'll have to communicate more directly with him once I'm back where cell phones work. Mary had said she could drive me but she has some days of the week where she must care for her little ones and this might just work out better for all. It sure was an answer to my prayers as I was not sure how I could recover and still work this week. Thanks Loren.
I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon and after helping Jason mow his lawn and get his equipment working better. Jason lives in a home here on campus that has a setting on a small hillside with a huge hard, I mean maybe a quarter of an acre. He has a riding mower which helps but the trees drop pieces of wood which must be collected ahead of time or they ruin the blade. It will be nice to help him and work outside in the fresh winter air. I look forward to it. I also look forward to hitting the bed. For a cheap motorhome the bed is sure good and comfy. Last night I rearranged the bed, changed the linen and got it all set up with the special heating pad with controls on each side. When I climbed in I found the control on my side did not come on, only the control on the other side where I was NOT sleeping. Figures! But with the little dogs nearby I was warm and toasty and slept until past 7 this morning, a record for recent weeks.
What is it about the sea that is so special? I love the sound of it, the smell of it and the foam, the relentless action of the water. I find great solace in the sea, a great reminder of a God who can be counted on no matter what, who will do the right thing in spite of our complaints or heartfelt requests, who loves us so much that He makes hard decisions with love as the basis.
I want to work for God and I want to live for Him as well.

Sending our families love to you all,

jason and jo and timothy and nikki and keanna and steve and tim

1 comment:

Wes said...

I'M BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is distressing to some of you I know. Don't worry I've changed! No more bad humor! No more tacky comments! No more balogna! Yeah!

Yes I have been to a fiction writing conference. How did you guess?

Oh! I have had really bad problems, the computer kind. It is true. If you don't have computer problems you don't really have a problem. Tim I hope your computer is ok. It really stinks when it doesn't.

Tim you must come clean and tell the truth. When you saw the sugar count numbers didn't you really think, "I want a donut!"? Maybe I am just projecting.

I'm glad to be back. I missed our adventure!

Wes

ps you can do a sleep over here any time