Monday, January 14, 2008

Productive Monday

Dear Family and Friends,
8 pm and I'm sleepy. This has been a work in day, still trying to get my desk clear, orders set up and scheduled, research done and appraisals shipped out.
Ken called this morning and so we walked together our 2.5 miles in the cold and fog. Each day it seems to get somewhat easier, only seemed like 8 miles today. Then back from the walk, a long hot shower to calm aching muscles, then brown rice for breakfast, then settle down at the desk to write checks, complete appraisals and email them out, sort more piles of mail and papers, set up new orders.
At 3:30 I drove to the bank to make a minimal deposit, nothing in the mail now for days. Tomorrow is house payment day, another hurdle to cope with.
This morning after the walk I discovered that I had lost 4 lbs since I started this process of exercise and more careful diet. That was very encouraging. I broke back in the 220s out of the 230s.
Today the house has seemed very quiet in spite of the dogs doing their barking thing once in awhile. It was hard to sit still and work, I wanted to be going someplace to do something out.
Tomorrow afternoon I have yet another appointment to see the oral surgeon in Stockton. I'm going to make every effort to be early for that appointment. then once an appointment has been made for the sedation and tooth repair I can make other appointments and perhaps start the cleansing diet as well.
Weekend plans are starting to take place. I will drive the motorhome down and spend the weekend at Jason and Jo's home. I can see Timothy once again, help with some projects and hopefully Nikki and Steve can bring Keanna down for the day as well. I love to see the family get together. Knowing I might be at Jason and Jo's over the weekend gives me something to look forward to and right now that seems to help a lot with the passing time.

I am concerned about Fern, my friend in Tracy who I heard fell and broke her hip recently. I'd like to visit her but I can't find out where she is, everyone I call is away from their phone lately. Like Tracy fell off the face of the map. Even Wes has not been heard from for days and he lives in Tracy. Strange!

Take care good friends, precious family.

love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim:
I heard from Phyllis Barenchi this morning and Fern was in Tracy Hospital, up and walking and going to New Hope tomorrow for rehab. I don't know how long she will be there, from the sounds of it not too long. Thought I would pass this on to you. Our thoughts and love are with you.

Sandy Toon

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

The Fog here today is Brutal and We have to take a Friend to Stockton for Her Eye Dr appointment at 11:00 so I'm hoping that it will clear a bit by 10:00 when We have to leave.

Our Fence Repair Man started the job yesterday and says that He
will be done this afternoon. $500.00 and it should be good as new again. I think the whole fence cost about that amount 14 years ago when We had the House built.

Be careful driving over in the fog . It is blinding to say the least.

Great news about the Sink Repair!

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Carol and Roger said...

Good Evening ~

I just got home from church board meeting. We appreciate our new pastor sooo much! He is only 34 and wise beyond his years. So refreshing in his approach to church and feeds us with his sermons. No, you can't have him! I'm sure with experience someone will grab him. He likes us, though, so maybe he will stay awhile.

So the lap around the lake is getting shorter? Are you in a drought? Our lake is getting smaller also. Maybe it will be a good time for me to start walking again. I still prefer the water aerobics though. Much easier on the knees and it's somewhere I have to go to.

It's 28 degrees outside and windy. Brrr! Freezing rain then 2 - 3 inches of snow are in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday.... Hope it melts quickly and we have no power outages.

Bedtime here ~ better get on with it.

Good night ~ Carol