Thursday, January 10, 2008

Art is a great helper again...

Dear Family and Friends,
I've just come from a grief counseling session held at the local Methodist Church. Even though there was only one other person there plus the leader it was helpful and I think I'll go again. It started at 7 and I would have forgotten except Art called and reminded me.
I was able to sleep in this morning with less back pain. I didn't wake until about 7:45 and I was shocked. I climbed out and Art was ready to walk so I dug out some warmup clothes and we walked. We walked around the lake which is between 2 and 3 miles. Felt like 20 to me but I made it without any huge issues. Then back for a quick yogurt breakfast, research and on the road to Cotati. This little area is located in the Sonoma wine country below Santa Rosa off of Highway 101. It was a cute little farm on 5 acres. Loree had called to say a new order had come in for Rohnert park which is a few miles north of where I was to be so I was able to fit that in also. I found the local Olive Garden for lunch and had soup and eggplant. It was a lovely lunch and then out to shoot comps and head home. Traffic was pretty brutal coming home but I still took time to stop at Longs for a new drug the doctor has prescribed to replace one that tends to cause heart problems in a few people. Then home for a quick tomato and peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk, meds and then to the recovery group meeting.
When I got home I discovered that Art had been busy. He had rearranged things and cleaned up so I could park the bug back in the garage again. He had done a load of wash, cleaned the decks and who knows what else. What a guy. Thanks Art for all your help in the past 24 hours.
He also brought me a book about a cleansing diet which he has used effectively and I am considering. I got the go ahead from my doctor, now I need to just do it. It lasts 10 days and consists of lemon juice, ciaan pepper in tiny doses and maple syrup. Art lost 10 lbs and feels much better since doing the cleansing.
I am already feeling much better. This morning my resting blood pressure was 112 over 67, a far cry from yesterday where it was 159 over 87. Also my blood sugar is already dropping and is 132 this evening, a major improvement from last nights 146 and 159 the day before. I've had lots of water today and am feeling much more alert and awake. I've learned from my doctor that when I eat carbs I also have to include some protein as protein burns slowly while carbs act fact. So I'm giving that real attention. I'm not allowed to eat anything very firm right now due to the weakened tooth, that will be fixed when they finish the root canal. Bob, I sure hope this get this done before a year passes like your experience.
Tomorrow I go to San Francisco in the morning to see a condo and then back to Brentwood for an afternoon appointment. I am very grateful that God has granted some orders in spite of their locations far from home.
I think Nan would be very pleased with the steps I am trying to take as the days go by. She was always after me to take care of my health and she liked me to work as long as I could get home at a decent hour in the evenings.
I'm very thankful this evening to be home safely after driving nearly all day in the rain and traffic. I'm thankful for a wonderful family both here in CA and in Texas and Denver, Oklahoma. Life is certainly different now, quiet, sort of feels selfish as I now do what I want to when I want to in a manner I never would have done while Nan was here.
Once again I thank Art for his help and Sylvia for coming out to visit last evening. Sure helps the week go by and brings happiness to spend time together.

Good night / morning my friends and family,

love

tim

No comments: