Monday, January 28, 2008

Today I woke up and smelled the roses...


Dear Family and Friends,

When I woke this morning I had no idea of what a great day this was going to be, not a clue. Everything hurt and to move took great effort, the shoes almost did not go on.. Then Ken called to say he was ready, so out the door with stocking hat and ski gloves. But while the morning was crisp and cold there was no rain and the air smelled fresh and alive. We made the 2.5 miles effortlessly and bidding Ken adieu I came in showered and discovered to my delight and joy that I was down 9 lbs from when I started the new ways. That was a huge lift and seemed to make the sacrifices worth it. After a successful Oatmeal breakfast with bananas and orange juice I waded into my desk but this time I was mentally alert and made quick work of some of the languishing projects, made some decisions, set up work, made all the medical appointments for all the things the doc wants me to look into. Mid afternoon I left to go to John Muir medical center for x rays of lower back and chest. The x ray tech was so cute that I plan to have many more x rays. A little human touch seemed good as she positioned me for the shots. Then it was over and I had to get dressed again. But even the jeans fit better and there was less huffing and puffing as I walked to the car.

Then home to hear the presidents state of the union message, eat dinner and then settle back in to work again. So I have appointments made for medical tests, stress ekg, colonoscopy, pulmonary, eye examine and who knows what else. At least the insurance deductible will quickly be exceeded.

Somehow I managed to wake up an old pain in my right arm and shoulder so moving that arm much is very painful but experience says that will go away in a couple days.

I've also made appraisal appointments for tomorrow and Wednesday, they include places like Menlo Park, San Mateo, Oakland, San Francisco and Pittsburg and that's just the next two days. Once again money came in the mail today and there are rumors of more checks coming so after the long drought some money is starting to move again. I thank God for this progress and for Loree sending out statements, that always helps funds move the right way too.

I had a chance to text message Marilyn this evening and found out that they are OK back there in Rhode Island but have had snow. She reminded me that she misses our evening chats and she is sure right. We used to have great chats, Nan, Marilyn and me just winding down after a long day, what joy those times brought. Today just for the fun of it I called nan's cell phone to hear the message, her live voice. It is so great. Got to find a way to save it before I turn her phone off and I think some suggestions may help us do just that, save the message.

Good night my friends and family, I love you all.


Tim
ps I just had to share the beautiful roses which greeted me after the dental experience I had the other day. Loree left them for me and I have enjoyed them so much. Everyday they are more beautiful. Thank you Loree for your kindness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,
What a beautiful day you had yesterday! Good news on the weight loss, but even better news that you are feeling alive again! Checks are coming in the mail. Life doesn't seem quite so bleak.

My sisters and I have been very busy the last few days trying to make life special for my Dad. Yesterday we took him in to get the volume on his hearing aid adjusted. The audiologist thinks the volume is too high and we will probably be bringing him back soon. Part of his problem seems to be comprehension instead of the hearing aids.

Have another great day! Continue to see the good things around you, breathe deeply, enjoy your blessings~

Love and prayers ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Here We go again ,Rain & Wind & Cold after Yesterdays Sunshine! Well it is Winter I guess.

Gald the weight is coming off and funds are moving again.

Our Insurance Check for Storm damage arrived Yesterday, 24 days Start to finish, not too bad !

Carrol's Clinic day is tomorrow and We are hoping that things are holding steady so that She can stay off of the Chemo for another month.

Have a safe Day,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.