Sunday, January 13, 2008

A good day!

Dear Family and Friends,
Highlights of today are: lunch with Keanna and Nikki at LaVia, a good Mexican place to eat at Bethel island, late afternoon visit with Barb and Gerry to deliver a walker for Barb's safety, a brisk walk around the lake this morning which included phone calls with Art and Sharon, many loads of wash completed and folded, office much more organized, files over 5 years old pitched to make room on Tom and John's shelves for new items and much much more.

Pain drove me out of bed this morning around 7 and I stumbled downstairs to the office to read the news and the emails, then I started the wash, started to sort and clean the office, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, peered under the sink for the 10Th time to make sure there were no water leaks, none! Made oatmeal for breakfast, so good!

This coming week will see the start of more medical tests and appointments, will include a long day down to Hanford to see several properties, will see several appraisals going out the door that Jean, the writer, has prepared for me and will involve some invoice collecting through statements to our wayward clients who forget to pay.

Since living alone is setting in I'm trying to find a rhythm, a schedule that works, that includes exercise, timely meals, blocks of working time, ongoing cleaning and sorting and advance planning for upcoming excursions. Nan did such an excellent job of planning our travel and fun events that all I had to do was just go along, everything was worked out. Now I need to consider the balance of fun and work, between staying home to clean and fix and being away to enjoy and relax.

I've been very careful about taking my pills over the last couple weeks and am taking the blood sugar tests and blood pressure tests as well. I'm planning on the cleansing diet but I'm just not sure when to do it so as to avoid conflicts with the various medical tests and appointments that are to come. Most of my clothes work best with a weight of 210 or less and right now I've over 230, a significant difference. I do not plan to buy new clothes when I have a closet full of ones that fit at a lower weight. Yet this whole process is hard, about the only thing I really enjoy is eating and that is already being changed a lot.

I'm doing OK, the walking is waking me up but also producing some very sore muscles and other pains I cannot fully explain. I would appreciate your prayers that I can stick with the search for better more reasonable health, that I can drop some pounds and that God can use me in some manner to help people.

Thanks for all you have done,

love

tim
ps I've sure enjoyed spending time with people I love this whole weekend, what I lift to just get to be with people, especially with Keanna!

2 comments:

Carol and Roger said...

WOW! I'm impressed! Sort of makes me feel like getting out and walking or something. Good for you! You're off to a great start! You will be successful. Routine and exercise are probably some of the best cures for depression that you can come up with. In the morning I try to write down what I intend to accomplish for the day. This helps me keep focused on what needs to be done so I don't waste the day.

Roger has been replacing kitchen floors in the cottages with laminate flooring. It is so much easier to keep clean and it really looks good too. After 14 years of being here a lot of his original work is having to be done again. We really want to put in new carpet in our own house and fix the sun room so we can use it. With business being slow right now I think it will have to be on hold for awhile. I already have the carpet picked out and a working plan for the sun room. Fixing up the sun room is the project I have wanted since we first moved here.

Yes, it's early here, but I need to get a good start on MY day. You inspired me! I've been cleaning out cupboards and drawers and getting rid of STUFF making room for STUFF I need to have organized. Today is cottage laundry day also....

Take care and keep up the good work!

Love and prayers ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

I just returned from My Morning walk and it does make One very awake indeed!

We did so much enjoy the Sunshine Yesterday and hope it will continue for several days to come.

Maybe today Our fence repair Man can get started on putting Our fence back up. The ground is finally drying out some, it was like a swamp back there for the last two weeks.

Have a safe trip to Hanford today, that is a long drive. I seem to remember a Choir trip down that way some Years back? Seemed like We would never get there!

Have a good day,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.