Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sabbath Rest

Dear Friends and Family,
10:30 and I'm ready to rest. Not that I've not rested today already. This morning the dogs persuaded me to take them for a walk around the lake. We all were pretty tired and sore by the time we got back, then breakfast and then get ready for the day. I drove to Lodi Fairmont church but didn't end up staying, then to Bob and Carrol's home. We ate a place nearby which had really good food and then back to unload the ramps Bob had allowed me to use. What a blessing they turned out to be. Between the ramps that Art had made and then the aluminum ones Bob loaned me it allowed Nan to move freely about the house and garage again. Over and over they were used to Nan's benefit.
Then home to sleep in my office chair, then time to tackle the leaking issues under the sink in the kitchen. I slowly turned both supply lines back on and so far no leaking. When I run the dishwasher I'll keep a close watch as nothing else is producing a leak now. I've read emails, watched some TV, most of the evening I've watched the Christian Hope Channel. Not only does it have a great picture and perfect sound but the programming this evening was excellent. They had a concert by Whintly Phipps, a black soloist who works often with the Billy Graham Crusades. His music was just beautiful with nice background orchestration. Somehow when I switched back to regular TV it seemed shallow and commercial in comparison.
When I arrived at Bob and Carrol's today I did not feel all that well but by the time I left I felt much better, not sure for the reasons but the transformation amazed me.
I hope to get a long accomplished tomorrow including preparing to ship the DVDs of the services. I have one with the memorial, one with the graveside and one with just the 8 minute powerpoint presentation. I wish I knew better what most people want of the three or if all three then that's OK to. I really appreciate George and Yvonne's help by obtaining these copies for family and friends.

For now I'm bidding you each good night. For those of you who are wondering how we as a family are doing, well I think we are doing OK. We all have moments when losing Nan seems just unacceptable, terrible, unbelievable. Then we each move on in our own ways of coping knowing Nan would want us to do what we need to to care for each other and find peace and joy in our lives. Please do not read into what I have said that we have it cornered for finished. We are only beginning to live with how the loss effects our entire lives. From lost recipes to empty lonely hours this is a tough thing to get through. I have great respect for Nikki and Jason and their families, they are very helpful to me and are supportive all the time. And the constant intervention of loving family and friends with emails, text messages, calls. That is very helpful. I want to tell you, I deeply appreciate the comments people make to the blog, what a lift those words have been over and over again. And yes I miss Wes. Where are you Wes? Have you been ill?
love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Timothy Ivan, Well, it seems like you have had one thing after another making a problem for you so now after the sink drip is fixed it's time to settle down for awhile. After church I sat in my chair to read my book and the next thing I knew it was dark and Ger was watching a TV special on Princess Diana. She was so beautiful. I just heard that my classmate from Loma Linda Academy fell over dead on Friday afternoon. It seems he had just had some heart surgery and was just home when this happened. He was the one that got the HOPE channel started from the Loma Linda University Church. His name is Tom Zirkle, he was a physician at the LL Hospital. Great person! Makes me feel soooo sad!! I might take you up on the offer to use Nan's walker; I think it will help me feel more stable while walking. I'm looking forward to seeing the DVDs for Nan's services. Send those dogies outside for bathroom breaks!!! They probably don't like the cold weather. It was good to see you last week for lunch and nice to become better acquainted with Art. Nice person. Bedtime for now. Keep moving! Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi /Tim,

So glad to read that You have a fix on the sink leak. You must be a good Plummer or are You just LUCKY! Every time that I have tried to fix a leak around the House it ends up leaking more and I end up with a Plummer's bill.

We played Card Games till 10:00 last evening and then the Andersons had to leave. Was good to have them here for some visit time and games.

Don't get that bottle that I gave You mixed up with something that You can drink! Remember it's CARPET CLEANER !!

Have a good Sunday and thanks for fixing the Blog so We can respond.

Bob & Carrol.

Carol and Roger said...

I have no idea what happened to my last comment. It limited me to 300 words and I went over. Then it wouldn't go anywhere. I kept paring it down and finally gave up. Now I'll try again and see if I am successful this time.

We had a great patriotic Sabbath with a welcome home celebration for a brother-in-law of one of our members. It was quite an emotional day for most of us. We need more patriotism in our country.

Sounds like you are busy with the plumbing and heating and the cleaning up after the doggies. I think I'd just leave them in the cold for awhile and let them figure out what they are supposed to do out there. They may be reacting to Nan's disappearance also. Dogs are funny that way. Cats are even worse.

Have a good week with no plumbing surprises or special gives left by the dogs or cats.

This may even work this time. I think I was clicking on the wrong thing before. Maybe that's what's happened to Wes!

Love and prayers ~ Carol