Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday evening and life seems well worth living!











Dear Family and Friends,
I'm back home this evening after spending a couple days at Monterey Bay Academy, located directly on Monterey Bay, if you listened carefully you could hear the waves break at night. After a pretty tough day on Friday dealing with a lot of side issues I finally arrived at Jason and Jo's after dark. Jason helped guide me into the parking place, I hooked up power and water and turned on a furnace that WORKS.

Sabbath was very special, first a good breakfast, then Sabbath School with Timothy in action, then worship service and then lunch and fellowship with the whole family, we were just missing Steve and prior commitments kept him away. Nikki and Keanna came bearing gifts for Christmas and Jason and Jo had some too for exchange. Keanna loved her Dora doll and her Dora Playdough and her other exciting gifts, Timothy enjoyed playing with various colorful toys that make noise and light up. It was such a nice time together, Jason and Jo have a nice sized living room with a great sectional for comfortable seating. It was Christmas all over again because the kids never go together in Hawaii, Nikki and Steve at Kona while Jason and Jo were on Kauai at different times so their paths never crossed.

Later in the afternoon we drifted down to the beach, the weather was perfect and enjoyed walking up and down, watching the doggies run from the surf and just seeing Keanna collect shells was great. Then we huffed and puffed our way back up to the house where Nikki and Keanna had to leave for home.

This morning Jason came to the door of the coach wondering if I was going to get up. For the first time in more than a year I had slept in to 9 am. I was pleased and shocked but sure felt rested. Jason and I tackled a couple repair jobs without much success but found it very cold outside. The weather was totally different from Sabbath. We watched some football and then I loaded up to come home.

Over the weekend I presented the special books Karen Cress had published with photos showing Nan's entire life. She did a brilliant job with the editing and no matter when I pick up the book I'm immediately taken on a trip down a memory lane. What a joy and what a challenge to the tear ducts. Jason and Nikki were very pleased to receive their own copy of the book. A huge Thank you to Karen for her work in creating these books. If you would like to order a copy for yourself go to: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/92002/fd40238191366cc1f2313cdf8d1ed519. It is truly a master piece and gifts excellent tribute to Nan's life through family photos.

Well this week will prove to be challenging for sure. Tomorrow at 2 pm I have a physical with Dr. Edwards in Antioch. I have an appointment to see a Clayton property in the morning and a ranch in Oakley after the Dr appointment. Loren has expressed his willingness to assist me to the doctor on Wednesday, wait for me and then bring me home. That is a very welcome help.

Our friend Roger has sent me a private email with many excellent ideas for managing the financial challenges I face. I can't express my appreciation enough for this boost in an area that continues to challenge me and will for some time. I was very thankful to find checks in the mailbox when I got home. Checks are always nice and certainly timely.

I want to express how much a couple days away can help with perspective and loneliness. I also want to thank my family for their support and love as we all work our way forward from this time of loss and pain. They are all very special to me just like your family is to you, what a powerful blessing.

So I thank you for your prayers and ask that you continue to remember me as I face another week.

love

tim
PS Yes Jo was actually there but was taking the pictures so never managed to get into any of them. Next time!

No comments: