Monday, July 13, 2009

6 Flags under the sun




Dear Family and Friends,


Just back from a very warm day in Vallejo at 6 Flags Discovery Park, used to be Marine World Africa USA. The whole family spent the day there and we enjoyed shows, rides, people watching, lots of junk food and drink, sketch artists and each other. My personal high point was some video I shot of Keanna sitting in her stroller. When some loud music started nearby she began to move around in time to the music with facial expressions to match. It was priceless and I just kept the video rolling to capture it all. Everyone else was busy, Steve and Jonathan were riding roller coasters, Keanna and Anthony were getting up close to the dolphins with Keanna even getting to kiss the dolphin on his nose while Dana and Nikki looked on. I was having some one on one time with Kallie and she was eating sipping water from a huge cup through a straw and just enjoying herself. We had found a spot with some shade and I was glad to be able to sit down for a minute. I am amazed at what a 1 year old can do and understand. Can we all say proud grandpa! Well its true.


The family drove over in the van this morning and I did some work here in the office and then drove over later. I found it warm with minimal wind and finally caught up with everyone. Sure is easier these days with a cell phone. Keanna and Anthony enjoyed going on some rides that she was always too small or too young to go on before. Of course some of the favorite rides were those that involved getting wet and then there were blisters, wet feet, the usual. I was surprised to discover that just because you pay this huge fee to get into the facility does not mean you are through paying, want to ride an elephant, $10, want to ride an exciting bungee jump thing, more money, want to drink for the day and keep your cut, just $10 for the cup and then there was the matter of food, forget anything really healthy but at least there was Subway with a decent sandwich for a decent $10 for the meal.


You don't go to the park if you are broke and if you do go you will be broke afterwards. Not only is there a huge fee for entrance there is another fee if you want to bring your car, cars must pay $15 for entrance and then they only get to sit in a big lot in the heat. Pretty hard to imagine that 6 Flags just had to file for bankruptcy, perhaps they should charge for drinking water or the air we breathe. Oh well I think we all had a good time, I know I did but the things I enjoyed the most were priceless, like seeing Keanna and Anthony walk away holding hands or gasping with delight as a little ride rose higher and higher in the air. My favorite was watching Kallie for I know these little pure actions will quickly give way to the next phase of growth and then the next and so on. I'm loving this phase.


I'm sure all will sleep well tonight and then in the early morning I rise to take Lady to the groomer for a clip, then back to the house to load the van and deliver Dana and her entourage to the Oakland Airport for a 1:15 flight to Houston, non stop. I will miss them very much. It seems like they only got here yesterday, its been great.


Right now I'm wishing you all a good evening,




love




tim

No comments: