Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Change of plans











Dear Family and Friends,
Well here I am still in the valley. Nikki and I talked this afternoon and as she laid out the plans for the next couple days we both realized that the time I would have with family was actually going to be limited so the motorhome sits in the driveway waiting for a trip that is not going to take place. I'm not one who enjoys changing my plans so I had to come to grips with this but I think its right. I had some misgivings about the trip, lots of fuel and about 8 hours of driving in the motorhome for an uncertain place to park, just living at 7,700 feet is tough for me in this condition.
So tonight I'm home, I have Mahler playing on the Bose speakers by the computer, dogs are sitting nearby in hopes we are going someplace, sorry girls, not this time. Everyone is coming home on Thursday afternoon so I'll have my wonderful house guests back and great eating, fun conversations and perhaps I can talk them into dominoes, who knows.
Today I've seen two properties that were located nearby. This morning I had the honor of inspecting a house located just down the street and which backs to the lake like my house does. They were wonderful retired people and we had a great time. Then later in the day I drove to Brentwood, a whole 9 miles, and inspected a house that is nearly 4,000 sf. It is just beautiful in every room, perfectly landscaped but it did take some time to measure and it was very warm. That part is not so much fun but I guess every job has its downsides.
This evening Ray and I went for Pizza, its deal night at our local place. That was fun and of course I ate too much.
Now its time to wind it down and head to bed. My major accomplishments today involved getting the online classes paid for and then the certificates printed on my color printer, then I waded through the application for license renewal and finally wrote the check for $435 for the next two glorious years of appraisal license tenure. Finally I copied the whole stack of documents and mailed it away. Of course they want 90 days for processing and I need the license back in just over a month. Whoops. The 49 hours of class work cost $508. What a hit!
So my friends and family another day has passed, God is good, the family is safe, Jason and Jo are having a great time in Denver, Nikki and Steve are at Tahoe and I'm home working, Art and Connie are on the road again winding their way to Seattle to return two precious little kidos who they have had for 3 weeks.
So good night all, I've included a couple photos taken with my phone, fireworks at Tahoe, kids on the beach playing, walking hand in hand in San Francisco and trying on hats in chinatown.

love




tim

No comments: