Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Work day capped by fun

Dear Family and Friends,
Patty was just here. She is my brave neighbor who took in her 5 grandchildren to raise and who also lost her husband 2 years ago. She makes me feel like my life is a bed of roses. When Dana left the frig was brimming with things that had not gotten eaten by the hungry mouths. Since many of the items were until recently living creatures and I don't eat meat I decided to pass them along. Patty left with a huge box of goodies, hot dogs, corn dogs, fresh meat, biscuits, fruit etc. She was happy to get it and I was happy to have it used for a good cause, mainly hungry little mouths.
Now my frig looks sort of empty again which sort of symbolizes my life, quiet and empty during the day. It was like that today, I just cranked out appraisals all day and enjoyed the hard work of the air conditioning systems which held off the heat outside. Then this evening I had the honor of driving Miss Keanna to VBS in Tracy and then rambling around Tracy, CostCo, Best Buys etc until it was time to pick her up. It is a different perspective to observe the church in full activity motion and have no part. I can remember a time when Nan and I were pastoring the church we were in the middle of everything. Torches pass and I do not desire to go back. I think things are in great capable hands right now and the program is well planned and really works for dozens of little kidos and their parents.
Keanna amazes me with her grownup comments and phrases. When pressed where she wanted to eat, she put her hands to her head and said, I just can't decide, decisions are hard but she finally selected McDonalds. She announced, I suppose a sit down meal is out of the question referring to Olive Garden or Dennys. So now she is home and sleeping and I'm about to do the same.
In the morning I'll drive to Steve's house at 8 am and Steve will then be free to do his lawns for the day, getting an early start before it gets so hot. Sometimes he does up to 19 lawns in a day. I'll watch the little guys there, it is safer and better for Kallie in her own home and I can take the laptop there.
Then when Steve is done for the day I'll head out to do some appraisals. No checks this week and I'm running out of savings to cover the automatics that are cashing in at the bank. I'm ready for some checks again, really ready.
So from this lonely house to yours,

love

tim

No comments: