Thursday, July 16, 2009

A day with the beautiful kidos

Dear Family and Friends,
9:50 and I'm really ready for bed. Things have been sort of stressful lately as day after day passes with no money in the mail. The business account is upside down tonight but all the vehicles are licensed for another year, my appraisers license came in the mail today and that little envelope cost me $508 for classes and $435 for the state. So there have been some real challenges lately, that coupled with almost no work coming in has created a siege mentality for me.
This morning I bounced out of bed knowing I would get to spend the day with Kallie and Keanna. I got there at 8:02 and Steve left to mow lawns. He wanted to get a head start to beat the heat which was predicted. He gave the kids a banana and some waffles and since they were still hungry I made some more waffles. Keanna can really pack down the food when she is in the mood and Kallie sort of carries her food around with her and eats on the run. I was so sleepy all morning that I pretty much let them care for themselves. Keanna is really good about watching to make sure Kallie is safe, not eating dog food, not climbing on chairs etc.
Steve arrived back about the time Kallie woke from her nap and had lunch on the table for both of them. Then he had to go back out to do more work and arrived back home about 4. I left, came home, did research and drove to San Jose to do a driveby appraisal, then turned around and drove back home and even then I've just got back. Think of it this way, would you drive to San Jose and back for $275? I thought so.
The house still seems very quiet with the wonderful family all back in Houston but the dogs certainly were glad to see me come home this evening. They are so genuine and welcoming. I love them, I really do.
I hope, I pray for money in the mail tomorrow. Its starting to get somewhat critical.
Love to all

Tim

No comments: