Sunday, July 26, 2009

A quiet evening

Dear Family and Friends,
Its about bed time but this has been a productive day. Art joined Ken and me in our daily walk around the lake this morning. Although he says we walk slow I think he still enjoyed the walk in the cool morning air. When we arrived back home Connie was up and around and we talked for a few minutes. A couple people have let me know I was not clear as to the length of their camper yesterday. What I meant to say was that the total length of trailer and truck was about 50 feet long, actually Art says it is more like 46 but that would still be rather tough to parallel park it seems.
Art and I sat on the back deck and watched the water fowl and observed the gentle breezes wafting over the lake. Then he and Connie left to spend time with Connie's mom in Tracy. This afternoon they spend with Ron and Lydia and friends.
I settled down to work knowing I had a couple that needed to be in lender hands and this evening I'm very happy to report they are both delivered. Neither one was easy but with enough time most problems can be solved and the reports completed. Rushing does not work, actually rushing nearly anything usually ends up with poor results!
I've really been thinking about my options and it seems pretty clear I need to consider doing more than waiting for the appraisal world to come to its senses. So I'm really looking forward to ACN and to seeing what is possible if I give it some attention and hard work. I think I remember how to do that!
How was your weekend? This evening has stayed very warm here, it is not cooling down like normal, bummer, the bedroom is going to be very hot since to save money I don't leave the AC on there. Oh well, another night without a sheet, that really confuses Starr, she likes to climb under the covers and she paces looking for an opening. Sort of cute except at that hour not so much.
I think we really need to unite our prayers for John and Karen as they face his surgery this week. It is never fun facing surgery yet it is so important that it be done. While we won't be able to communicate directly with them, there are just too many of us out here and we would overwhelm them we will hear through channels how things are going. How I wish I could be in the waiting room, people have been there with our family so many times and what a different it makes to not wait alone. You see I've waited alone as well, the worst surgery, the longest and most critical was in Boston and I was alone all day and all night, talk about getting things straight in ones mind. All that matters is the reports that come from surgery and then the recovery followed by the intensive care unit. Many of you joined in prayer that night that Nan would make it through the night, that the massive bleeding would slow and that she would live to see a new day. As the morning hours approached the word began to come from intensive care that the streams of blood leaking out were less and less and she was beginning to hold her blood pressure. Both batteries on our cell phones were dead from calls to friends and family. It was the longest night in my life. Oh yes I know waiting rooms.
John is a good man, Karen a good woman and ultimately they are in God's hands.
So good night my friends and family. Life chugs forward and of course my personal challenge this week is to find the funds to cover the house payment!
Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments: