Sunday, July 19, 2009

A day of extremes

in temperature that is, from 107 locally to 57 at Moss Landing where I inspected a high end condo. At 2:15 this afternoon Biff, a local go to person for the complex, called to say he was available to let me into the unit. I told him 4:30 and I arrived on scene at 4:33. As I drove through Livermore my temperature gauge in the car read 110 and it pretty well stayed there as I drove through San Jose and then onto Gilroy. And then it happened, as a marine layer began to move inland the winds increased and in a few miles the outside temperature was in the 60s. So I turned off the AC and enjoyed decreasing temperatures until when I stepped from the car at the condo unit I nearly froze in place.
What a unit, totally remodeled with high end custom woodwork, hardwood floors and Berber carpets, indirect lighting and view of the ocean from nearly every room in the house. It was a splendid unit and you know it is high end when the monthly HOA dues are $750. When I was finally through with the inspection I called Jason and we agreed to meet at the Whole Enchilada, a nice mexican place that Nan loved over the years. Timothy was feeling fine and was happy, Jo and Jason were relaxed and enjoying a day as family. It was a great time together but all too soon we finished up our good food and parted ways. My trip home was effortless with no traffic and clear sailing. Now I'm home and Ken called to specify 6:30 as the time for our walk in the morning. Short night.
This morning after our walk I was feeling frisky so after drinking my 32 oz of lemon water I waded into cleaning the garage. After a couple hours I was able to park both the van and the bug side by side in a cleaner garage. Don't even ask about the 3rd garage bay. It is stacked to the roof with boxes for an upcoming yard sale, Christmas decorations and other general debris. But my mission was to have the cars back where they belonged and that mission was accomplished.
Tomorrow I'll need to get to Patterson and Pleasant Hill to see properties, get some things written and make a precious deposit of the one check that came in the mail.
Having dropped nearly 3 lbs last week I'm feeling less sluggish. Today I had nearly 70 oz of water which is much better than in the past. I also found time to get the fish tank filter working again, do deck patrol for collection of doggies gifts.
I hope your day went well. As I drove this afternoon I had a CD playing from Hawaii. It created a thought pattern about trying to find my way through the maze of loss of not only Nan but also of our combined dreams, our combined abilities and our combined faith. I've got to admit I simply hate living alone, being alone, stumbling along alone yet until I have something real to offer it is better than I remain alone.. The Hawaiian music took me to so many memory places spent with Nan, friends and family, I wondered would there ever be a future with that kind of great events and relationships? I've heard others speak about the ambilence in their lives as they tried to consider the future alone and I certainly feel it strongly. What does God have in store?
Ponder these things and then render your great advice to me, I am waiting.......

love

tim

No comments: