Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Lord is moving

Dear Family and Friends,
This day has brought pleasant surprises financially. I started the day praying over and over about the house payment and orders for appraisals. One name came to mind, a local accountant that in the past has sometimes ordered appraisals for date of death values for estate purposes. As I was lying away this morning at 3 am his name came to mind. Having not heard from him in a couple months I wondered if I had done or not done something to meet his needs. As I worked this morning my cell phone rang. Thinking it was another bill collector I checked the number as I answered, it was not an 800 number but a local one. Well it was Dale and he mentioned that he needed an appraisal for a client and that they would pay me on the spot. Well that was certainly a lift so I went to the garage and recycled some old files by dumping their contents in the trash, turning the folder inside out in preparation for its reuse. Then I came in to set up the file. Before many minutes had passed an email came in from a local friend and broker with an order for a FHA purchase in nearby Antioch. The email mentioned that I could pick up the check this evening. Well now I really started to perk up, all week no orders and now 2 in a row. Soon the phone rang again and it was Dale telling me to be ready for a phone call from a new client who needed an appraisal. In a few minutes it rang and the third order of the day was placed and yes I could come by this evening to pick up a check. The total for the three came to $1,100 which goes a long ways toward paying a house payment. I sort of walked on air the rest of the day and this evening instead of attending the ACN meeting as planned I did two of the three appraisal inspections, picked up some fruit for a fruit salad and came home. What a lift to see 3 orders in a 2 hour period of time.
Tomorrow morning I'll pick up the last of the three checks, get them deposited in the bank and hope that more will come in the mail.
I also conducted a tiny fact finding mission. I checked to see where my orders for this year stood in comparison to last year on this date. It was August 13, 2008 when I arrived at order 203 for the year so I'm slightly ahead of last years business. Now if I can find a way to break open the doors to the management companies and begin to access some orders things would seen a lot better.
Thank you for your prayers and thank God once again for His help with the real day by day challenges we all face.

Love to all

tim

No comments: