Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A very full day for me

Dear Family and Friends,
11:20 and time to be in bed sleeping. I started this day off with a walk around the lake with Ken, then back to do research and drive to a 10:30 appointment in Livermore. Then back to the office/home where I found the family had gone so it was quiet. I set to work on writing the appraisal up I had seen last evening in Richmond, it was due today. It went smoothly and at 1:30 I emailed it to the lender/management company. I then had a quick lunch and at 2 left for Petaluma which I expected to take 2 hours. However at 3:45 I was in the driveway at a very attractive little ranch in the countryside. There must have been over 100 plants, flowers and shrubs growing and the house was totally updated and very cute.
Interesting side note. Nikki and I had been discussing what we perceived to be the sad state of things for our country and as I turned into the driveway I saw the hybrid car and then the Obama sign stuffed behind the garage. So I just talked to myself a minute and did the professional thing, made mutual conversation and a friend in the process. The lady of the house sells seeds for a living and has made it a big business, hubby works for the State of California and had just been informed that he would be taking one more day a month off without pay. Finally I pulled myself away from this delightful lady and started shooting comps. The GPS system worked like a charm and by 6 I was heading home. Dana had food ready, how nice it was to come home to family, fun and good food.
Now I'm tired, sleepy and yet I've got to share another little miracle. Yesterday being the last day of the month I decided to go ahead and make an online house payment in spite of not having enough money to cover it. This morning I was paid for the duplex appraisal on the spot and when I came home a check for $450 was in the mailbox. So the deposit this afternoon was within $30 of covering the house payment. Once again God has seen fit to make positive things happen. Would I like to live a little further from the edge? Oh yes yet I'm thankful to have a house, a car, food and enough health to keep working and enough work to keep me busy. At the moment I have one order to see and one to write up.
Tonight in an email from the Appraisal Institute I see there has been a new bill introduced into congress which would put the HVCC on hold for 18 months while it is refined and thought through. Oh how I intend to push and get behind that bill. It is H.R 3044 and it could help those of us who have been in the business to once again be able to market our services to those who know and trust us.
So good night to one and all,
love

tim

1 comment:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Good Morning Tim,Dana & Family,

What beautiful Weather We are having.Today is Picnic Day at the Senior Center, always lots of good food etc.

This evening is the Band Concert on the Green at Hutchens Street Square. 7:00/8:30 or a bit earlier if things get too dark to read Music.

Tomorrow We leave for 5 Days in Reno,Shows,Fireworks and a Ball Game at the new Stadium.

Our Room pkg at the Hotel is in the North Tower so We have Ring side Seats for the Sparks Fireworks Show Sat evening. Andersons will come to Our room to watch it with Us.

We come Home on the 8th , The Movie at Jackson, Planned for Wed evening has been canceled as have All entertainment Events at The Rancheria till the Fire Marshall says the problem in the Fire Walls has been taken care of. Probably till Next Year. Big time repairs are needed. The "Lone Wolf" Resturant is also closed as are 45 of the 60 rooms at the Hotel.

Enjoy a Great 4th with Your Family & as for "Obama"!, This Country is a Mess for sure but I think the whole Political Crowd now and previous are to blame. Can We all say "Tax & Spend".

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.