Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finally over

Dear Family and Friends,
As this week winds up I've got to say its been mostly a bore. Except for a time when I got to see each of the kidos this week and yes their parents too, well lets just say the week was unproductive for me. I'm feeling progressively rougher in spite of dumping a couple pounds.
I had a whopping two orders for the week and as government and industry forces trade comments and concerns many of us in the appraisal and loan industries watch our worlds contract at an amazing pace. I've never known a time when any concerns about quality or experience are thrown aside and quick turn and low prices have become the bottom line and this is progress, progress to what? chaos perhaps.
My personal health is at a low point. I spent several hours today debating whether I was experiencing heart issues but it turns out I was just very low on food. Once I was able to collect my thoughts enough to actually go to the kitchen and quickly microwave some veges and mix them with some vege meat meal starter I prepared in a fry pan with some olive oil and soy sauce, within a few minutes of beginning to eat my outlook improved notably and I was able to function better. Tiring of pushing paper back and forth I ventured out to tackle 4 goals, find a good quality battery for the van, find the right breaker for a new 30 amp line to plug an RV into, check up on meds and purchase some groceries. The battery came first and as of this evening it is installed, thanks for the help Ken, my meds were not renewed yet but Sandy, my favorite pharmacist gave me enough for the weekend and I arrived at the door of the electrical equipment store at 5:01 and found the door locked. I looked through the door with a pleading face and was let in, allowed to purchase the breaker and then ushered out. Since I was in Antioch I decided to try WinCo Foods for my grocery shopping. Aside from feeling I was shopping in a Greyhound Bus terminal I found good prices, decent selections and I swear for my $58 I got groceries that would have cost $75 at Safeway.
I came home and using the swifter tackled a couple spots in the kitchen that were sticky and disgusting. I also discovered that while I was out I missed my three favorite girls who had come by to say HI. That part made me sad. I can never see them enough.
Tomorrow evening I'm expecting Art and Connie to arrive pulling their 5th wheel which has served as their home for the past month. They will be here a couple days and then move on down the road. Then sometime next week Marilyn is rumored to be arriving.
So for now I wish each of you a great weekend, one with love and caring, time spent touching and listening. I'm starting to listen to Younger Next Year. Lois was kind enough to figure out how to download it after I purchased the book through Amazon. I have listened to it before courtesy of Rick, loved it then, desperately need it now.

love to all

Tim

No comments: