Monday, July 6, 2009

US mail to the rescue

Dear Family and Friends,
Its 9 pm and I do know where my children are. Jason and Jo flew to Denver today to spend Timothy's birthday with her mom while Nikki and Steve are enjoying a week of vacation at Ridge Tahoe. Meanwhile I'm cranking out work back here at home.

This morning Ken and I walked and then I made a quick transition to work clothes and left for Oakland. I found a beautiful home that survived the Oakland fires of a few years ago. The only problem is, its much larger than public record says so all my comps were worthless, it will require a return trip to finish. I picked up a partial payment at that appointment and then drove to Walnut Creek to a title company where a second check waited for me for the appraisal I was about to do in Pittsburg. When I arrived at that house I was amazed. The owners purchased it fairly recently and have updated everything except replacing the windows and doors. This little house is beautiful with new lawn, new paint, new carpets, new kitchen, new bathrooms, its really amazing how motivated people can change the nature of a house.

After completing that inspection I located a Taco Bell as I was pretty hungry and fading fast. Then it was a stop at Staples to redeem a coupon and purchase a box of paper. Then a direct trip home and the mail box yielded a very nice surprise. Todays checks totalled more than on any other day this year. I was delighted and quickly came in, made copies and went back to the bank with my precious deposit.

Then I hurried back to the office to complete an appraisal that was due today and then relaxed a bit. This evening I've been reconciling the business account and the deposit I made today was very timely to cover car payments, DMV checks, data expenses, medicines, fuel, you name it.

I feel very blessed and while I could use many more days of income I deeply appreciate what came today.

Sending my best to each of you. Please join me in praying for John Cress, this man of God has been hit with cancer and surgery is going to happen as soon as he can get the medical team into action.

love

tim

No comments: