Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back to work




Dear Family and Friends,
Just completed a phone call with my brother Jerry. He was forced indoors to his treadmill today by snow and rain. He lives in mountain country near Mt Shasta and winter has got lost its hold over the region yet.
Tonight for dinner I decided to experiment once again with wheat pasta. This time I made sure I cooked it long enough, then mixed it with low fat mushroom soup, then covered it with freshly cooked carrots, green bean pods and chestnuts. It was really a tasty meal, finally a dinner that was tasty and enjoyable.
This afternoon I had two FHA reverse appraisals, one in Modesto and then one in Stockton. Both are located in areas hard hit by bank foreclosures. The first was tiny, only 700 SF but clean and attractive, the second was a larger home with good landscaping and decent condition. As the day progressed the weather worsened getting colder and then even a bit of rain. Finally I was able to turn toward home.
Upon arriving I just didn't feel like doing paper work so instead I headed toward the rose bushes with the clippers and removed all the suckers and dying blooms. I think the roses look better and perhaps will continue blooms even more. While I was out there the lawn also got mowed. Finally hunger brought me inside.
I'm going to try to include a couple photos from the weekend trip if I can locate them on the chip. I always have found it somewhat difficult to make the emotional leap back home to work after being in what seems like paradise at MBA. In spite of the very sore muscles I will still remember this weekend as an excellent adventure.
Once again I am finding that the orders are very slow in coming in. I have one to see tomorrow in Benicia and then I'm caught up again. So my prayer is for more work and I'm very thankful for the work I have received over the past month. So many are hurting right now, some are out of work, others are in danger of losing their homes while others are even worried about buying groceries. It is a sober time for many, perhaps times like these are necessary to remind us of our blessings.
I've thought a lot about you over the weekend, of how much your help has meant to our family, how your encouragement and prayers have carried us again and again. In spite of the final outcome for Nan we did have many years even after the GIST was discovered, years in which we witnessed our children marry, have grandchildren, travel, celebrate birthdays, Christmases, special events. I am thankful for every day we had and of course I wish there could have been more, yet there could have been less.
This evening I was delighted to receive an email from friend Sylvia Ahn. She has returned from her trip to observe birds, she came back safe and sound, rested and relaxed and I for one am very glad she is back.
Please treasure your day tomorrow and be glad you have it.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Looks like You still have a lot of landscaping to do at Jason's Place. Makes My Back ache just looking at the pictures.

Just got back from the DMV, Drivers Licence time. First test that I have taken in many Years. When You turn 70 You are an automatic candidate for a test to renew Your Licence. Things went very smoothly and I now have a Renewed Licence complete with Picture & Weight update and $28.00 missing from My bank account. I did pretty good on the test , only missed 1 question out of 18.

We have Choir Practice 6:30 Farimont Church this evening and will be putting the polish on three numbers for this coming Sabbath's Service. Probably will practice on Friday evening too. As I've said before You are most welcome to join Us if You would like.

Spaghetti Factory Friday Evening at 5:30 . Come join Us, We have Coupons.

Have a good rest of the week and stay warm & dry if You can.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.