Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mission accomplished

Dear Family and Friends,
What a day we have had here at MBA. Amazingly after a very windy evening the wind dropped to calm for the night and was still calm this morning when I got up. I made breakfast of oatmeal, banana and a wheat toast. Then Clayton arrived to let me know everyone was up. Jason and I planned out what we needed to accomplish and headed to OSH where we picked up a few supplies. Then back to start the rototiller, the weed eater and face the music. The area Jason wanted tilled under was on the ocean side of his home and was covered with dead grass, remnants of past landscaping and was a general mess. Jason raked off as much grass as possible and then we started to till the soil. It worked up easily but the slope was fairly steep which made the whole process a huge challenge. Jason and I took turns and managed to wear ourselves out by the time we finished. I shot a picture but my camera is in the house and the family has gone to sleep early to take advantage of the fact that Timothy is already asleep. Speaking of Timothy he has been so much fun to observe today. He crawls, stands, jumps, holds his bottle eats his veges and is a good boy. He is really a joy to be with and never has a dull moment when he is away.
Jason and I had some funny moments today, like when we had the tiller in reverse and ran up against the house and could not get it to stop with my glove caught in the controls or when the tiller tried to roll over and we were able to hold it steady. There were mounds of dead vegetation which we had to move to another area. Can after can was collected at the bottom of the hill and then moved to the pile. I think every muscle group in my body has been stretched and woken up. It feels very good and yet is very hard to move at the same time. Jason feels the same.
Jo made us delicious sandwiches for lunch along with veges and tonight Jason sent me to town for supplies for haystacks. They were very good too. Then we watched a bit of TV on his new flat screen he won from the Giants Baseball Franchise. It has HD and an amazing picture.
Tomorrow morning I will rollout early, walk the dogs and then load up and prepared to head home. This has been a very joyous weekend with family in this beautiful place. Of course it is a full moon time too so nights are very special.
I am very glad for the heater in the motorhome or this would be a very cold night. The wind is still whipping around outside now and it even shakes the coach a bit. Law and Order in on the TV but I think soon I'll be sleeping.
I've been pretty out of touch phone wise as the cell phone just does not ring here. One of those rare places where the cell signals are not strong enough to talk, yet they are strong enough for the data card in the laptop to let me reach out and connect.
I heard from Laurie Dunston. She is attending university in the east and said her weather was 85 degrees and muggy. Not so fun but good to hear from her.
I genuinely hope your weekend has gone well and that you have found moments of joy and peace. Life is short enough not to discover some detours into calm and beauty.

So good night my friends and family, This is one of those times when I can say, I wish you were here. Its been that special.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

Looks like you got a real work out this week end. You didn't need to walk after all that. I'm sure you had a good time with little Timothy and company. Aren't grand kids special? I sure to miss mine! I finally found Cheryl home tonight. Yes, it is late here, but that's the only time I can find my kids at home. They live insanely busy lives.

We are taking the plunge and listing our property with a realtor tomorrow. Lesley, who used to work for us, is the office manager in a Century 21 office and has now has her real-estate license. She did a great sales job on us and we weakened.... We just don't have the same sources for exposure that they have. And with Century 21 being a national company it will even get more exposure. So, that's the game plan. Lesley and her broker will be co-agents for us. Lesley has the enthusiasm and the broker has the experience. Maybe we'll sell this place yet!

I'll bet you found a few muscles this morning that you had forgotten you have. They are a sign of progress and hard work and should be cherished. Have a good week (as soon as you get through hurting).

Love you ~ Carol