Saturday, April 26, 2008

Keanna on stage

Dear Family and Friends,
The highlight of this day was witnessing Keanna in action this afternoon. Her group of students put on a special show at 2 pm where they sang songs complete with motions and movements. She was on the end of the row so we could see her easily and she did great. Of course as her pappa I thought she was the cutest little girl up there with her pretty blue eyes, blond hair, little skirt. The children first had sort of a play day / child's fair in their huge play yard and when I arrived I found Keanna busy moving rice around filling cups and tubes and having a blast. She introduced her two friends she happened to be playing with right then. It was a hot day and Nikki and Steve were not having too much fun in the heat but we moved inside to do a craft and then to the auditorium for the concert. The room was full of cheering parents and grandparents and the whole process was a lot of fun.
I spent some time this afternoon getting to know our new neighbor better. She is a hoot, loves kids, animals and is just a great fun person. She has grandchildren older than mine and she and her husband run a pool and spa business in San Jose but are getting to come to their home in Discovery Bay more often. We are so delighted to have them next door. Our last neighbors were tough to live with, they would borrow things without asking, sometimes never returning the items, often had huge groups of people visiting, had a nasty dog that was so bored from being tied up all the time between our homes that he would break holes in the fence and come through. He was a nasty mean dog but I could never blame him due to the way he was treated.
I sure enjoyed reading the encouraging words from friends and family today and a special email from Sylvia which arrived early this morning helped calm my fears a bit regarding my heart issues. Sylvia said that it has been her experience recently that all the people she knows who have had heart tests have been showing up with murmurs etc. She thinks it might be due to the more sensitive testing equipment picking up things that in the past were just a part of aging but are now having to be dealt with since they show up in the current tests. Her comments sure were helpful.
This evening decided to attempt a fruit smoothie. I put lots of strawberries, a banana, two mandarin oranges, some non fat milk, a touch of vitamin powder and some ice cubes. Wow is it potent but so yummy.
I just enjoyed watching an episode of Miss Marples, the story of a sharp little old lady who solves murder mysteries set in the English countryside. Very clever writing and good acting. PBS did something right.
Tomorrow I will assist Nikki with packing as she and Steve prepare to clear the second level of their home so new carpet can be installed in time for the new little baby. Its the least I can do to render some assistance and Nikki should not be lifting at this point.
I think you can tell by this blog that I am feeling better. I had a very rough time sleeping last night, I think primarily concern over my own mortality and ice tea with dinner, plus a very warm night with no breeze, a stuffed head which would not clear enough for the breathing machine to work well. Anyway I slept in this morning not rising until 8:30 and then taking a nice long walk afterwards.
I was so glad to be able to talk with all four of my kids today plus Keanna so that makes the day very special.
love to all

tim

No comments: