Thursday, April 24, 2008

Urgent Care to the rescue

Good Evening,
I'm just back from the grief recovery group. I had a very rough night last night, every time I got up I started to shake and shiver, signs of fever and infection. Ken and I did not walk this morning, neither felt up to it. I located urgent care in Brentwood since my doctor was vacationing in New Zealand. After the normal paperwork and time spent I did see the doctor, received Levaquin 500 mg and Veramyst spray. Arriving home I found a warm blanket and settled down into the recliner with Starr for a much needed nap, later I got up and worked for awhile but went back to the recliner again. At 5:30 I drove into Brentwood to see Keanna swim and then picked up some meds at Longs, then to grief recovery group.
I was surprised that I made it through the entire session without sneezing or blowing my much abused nose. Now I'm home, am writing a few lines to you and heading to bed.. My symptoms are stuffed head, solid feeling ears, dizzy, sore throat and extreme congestion in my sinus cavity. I can only hope I feel better by tomorrow.
Today was another day without any orders and things are beginning to turn bleak. My prayer is for health to return and for some work to do.
My friend Art had an early morning as he drove up to Castro Valley to a medical center where his grand daughter was to have a 2 to 4 hour surgery. He called this afternoon to say it had gone well and was completed in the 2 hour time period. She needs our continued prayers and good wishes.
This is the first time I have been really ill since Nan died and to be ill, down a bit, lonely is not that much fun. Starr and Lady do their best but somehow its not quite the same. Barb and Gerry Lammerding called this afternoon to extend a bit of cheer and it was great to be able to chat with them. They are doing well and Nan's walker continues to help Barb as she attempts to take 5,000 steps each day. She is losing weight and feels better than she has for years. I'm proud of her and Gerry for their zest for life.
I also got a very nice email from Jo this afternoon which was encouraging. Thanks Jo for your help.
So I sign off tonight feeling pretty bad yet if history can be trusted this sinusitis responds well to antibiotics and in a couple days I'll be much better than now.
Love to all

Tim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Take Your Med's and lay low. This Bug does not go away fast believe Me I talk from experince. You are in for at least 5 days and another 5 to feel good again. It is a nasty Bug. I took two full rounds of Levaquin (sp). Sore throat was the last symtom that preceded the 2nd round which was the worst by far. Sorry for the doom & gloom but You need to be prepared for a bit of a fight.

I got back from the Dentist after a 2 1/2 hour session of Crown Prep and have the temporary crown in Place. No Root Canal necessary, (Thank Goodness)So far this evening no tooth ache or discomfort at all and the total cost after insurance payment was $650.00 not bad as Dental work goes.Our Plan pays about 60% which is quite good as dental plans go I think.

We enjoyed a great "Aprilfest" Dinner at the Senior Center this evening, Local Ladies did the food, German Cheese Buttons and all the trimmings along with German Chocolate Cake. Very Good indeed.

Will finish the House cleaning tomorrow, Dusting & Mirrors.

Have a good night of rest and We will pray for Your Comfort and quick recovery from this nasty Bug.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, sorry to hear you are under the weather. Sounds like what I woke up with a few days back; perhaps a little worse. LOTS of fluids, nap whenever you feel like it, eat whatever you crave; in short, listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs. The meds will help, too! With prayers you will recover far more quickly than you might expect. I was interested to read that you were in Benicia on Wed'day! I was in S.F. that day, but maybe one of these days we can meet up for lunch. I already consider you a friend. Deborah/Benicia

Anonymous said...

Hello Tim,
So sorry you aren't feeling well. It sounds like more than hay fever to me. Are you cleaning your breathing machine regularly? The mask and hose should be cleaned a minimum of weekly and the water chamber drained regularly. They recommend daily, but at least regularly. You can pick up some nasty sinusitis causing bacteria in those things if not kept clean. Of course the pollen doesn't help much either.

Relax, rest, enjoy your satellite stations, drink lots of fluids and rejoice in God's love. That should just about do it for you.

Last Sunday Roger's chorale did their recording. So, this week he has been busily editing. It should be finished soon. We'll send you a CD.

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hello Tim,
So sorry you aren't feeling well. It sounds like more than hay fever to me. Are you cleaning your breathing machine regularly? The mask and hose should be cleaned a minimum of weekly and the water chamber drained regularly. They recommend daily, but at least regularly. You can pick up some nasty sinusitis causing bacteria in those things if not kept clean. Of course the pollen doesn't help much either.

Relax, rest, enjoy your satellite stations, drink lots of fluids and rejoice in God's love. That should just about do it for you.

Last Sunday Roger's chorale did their recording. So, this week he has been busily editing. It should be finished soon. We'll send you a CD.

Love ~ Carol