Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Home and feeling pretty good....

Good evening,
Its 4 pm here and I'm about to leave for Stockton to do an appraisal over there. It is last minute but I had already done the research so should be no problem.
I was released from testing at 1 pm this afternoon. I ask for and received copies of my blood work. I am very pleased with some numbers and others will take longer to adjust. Here are the numbers: overall cholesterol 98 which is great! HDL (good cholesterol) is still too low at 37, needs to be above 50, came up a couple points since Jan., LDL (bad choresterol) is 41 which is great except it is too low. The big winner is triglycerides which came in this time at 170, down from 242 last time. While better this number needs to be below 150. Yet this blood test reveals significant progress for which I am very grateful. I left the dr. office not knowing anything new from todays tests. They mentioned that if something shows up bad they will call in a couple days but I won't know the big picture until my next appointment with Dr. Savage toward the end of the month. However I was told that their average time for a person on the treadmill is 4 to 6 minutes and I ran for 7 so that must be a good sign. My highest blood pressure was an eye popping 190/90 but it soon returned to a more normal number when I stopped running. All in all the day went OK. I met very nice people in the waiting room, some have Dr. Edwards who has been my doctor for at least forever.
So now I'm off to make a buck or two. Thank you for your prayers and support. Mostly what I feel now is tired. I celebrated by going to Loards for a fat free peppermint ice cream. Very nice and refreshing.
Take care this evening,

love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

See ~ all that apprehension was for naught. Looks like everything checked out great. Good news! Now you can relax and know that you are basically ok. You are headed down the right track and your health will improve with perseverance.

Hang in there, my friend. You're going to be ok!

Hugs ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Praise the Lord for some good results, We will continue to Pray that Your followup visit will be positive also.

We are just back from a good Choir Practice and hope that You can hear Us sing on the 26th at Fairmont . We will be doing 3 Numbers at the 11:00 service.

Have a good rest of the week. We will be picking up My Sister Patty at Sac Airport on Friday at 2:30. She will be here for the Alumni Weekend ,Her Class 50th.

Love You,
Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Good job Tim!!! Triglycerides are a tough one for me to get lower. You are doing great so keep up the good work. Peppermint ice cream ... my very favorite and we just had a new Lord's open close by so maybe I will have to celebrate for your progress, too!!
Have a good day. Love, Barbie