Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A busy day

Dear Friends and Family,
10:30, just home from Atwater, a little town down in the valley about 80 miles away. I saw a nice little ranchette with an acre, perfect condition, sweet people and a pleasant visit. They had just returned from a doctor visit which turned bad on them as the guys blood pressure was dangerously low, a few meds later he was better by the time I got there.
this afternoon I picked up my glasses and it is very nice to see clearly again. I'm really glad I made the plunge in new frames too as I think they look a bit more up to date than the prior ones, ones I had owned for many many years.
I've spent most of the day getting appraisals completed and out that my very sharp assistant had ready for me, emailed to my desk. For lunch I had a very reasonable plate of green peas, a griller and a bit of catsup. For breakfast oatmeal and applesauce, thanks Dunstons.
This morning the phone rang early, it was LeAnn to tell me Ken was waiting in front of the house and where was I. Well we always agree the night before what time we will walk and we had agreed on 7:30. I woke at 6:30, decided there was no reason to get up into the cold, the dogs agreed so I went back to sleep and slept right through the agreed on 7:30. Well I jumped up and tried to catch up with him, I finally did manage to catch up by actually running for a couple blocks. My thinking was, I had run during the stress test on the treadmill so why couldn't I run on the street. It worked out fine and I got to talk to him the last few blocks. He is so relaxed now that tax season is over, what a difference the 15th makes for him.
I then tackled the broken sprinkler line and fixed it much quicker than I expected. 1/2 inch line, not the 3/4 so I have a few extra parts now.
I am enjoying this time of year, my improved health, more work to do and more payment for work completed, the clean fish tank and the prospects of going to see Jason, Jo and Timothy this weekend. I just hope the rototiller will fit through the door of the motorhome, we'll see tomorrow evening.
On the way home this evening I had lots of choices of places to eat. Sonic has yummy food but its all bad for me, McDonald's has salads but little else that's good for the diet so I went to Olive Garden for soup and salad. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was so hungry by then, or they did a better job with the food but the salad was so good, the soup was just great, the bread sticks warm and tasty. It was just right and the bartender was funny and very attentive as well. The stop was a winner. On the way home I got to talk to Pam who was very naughty and was still at work even though the police told her NOT to be there after dark! My brother who is walking more, working in his garden and enjoying retirement with Donna and Art who had a huge day doing chores and other tasks. Talking to these dear people sure made the 80 miles home go fast. How nice it is to not be alone all the time. I think I have mentioned that my idea of heaven is to have a 6 bedroom house and to have family and guests filling the rooms, a fire in the fireplace, soup in the kitchen and dominos on the dining room table. The more caring people the better. Earlier in the afternoon Sharon had called from Texas. She is being told that for sure next week the sale of her house will close escrow. This is the longest escrow I have ever heard of, close to 5 months. She is doing well and adjusting to the fact that her oldest grandchild Lindsay is considering boarding school several states away. She and Sharon have been so tight over the years, its a hard pill to take but little ones do grow up and begin to exercise their wings.
Last night I spoke of Karen suffering from a series of strokes. The Karen I spoke of lives in Georgia and is a fellow GIST sufferer. Some thought perhaps I was referring to Karen Cress, our friend in Denver. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused. Karen from Georgia wrote to me to say at this point she is not feeling better but her doctor told her to expect that for a few days. She knows many of you are praying for her and sends her appreciation.
This old life is a big challenge to us all, sometimes we seem to be winning, often it seems like we are losing and always it seems like we struggle. How our Lord suffers with us as we move forward in life. How much He wants to just take his children home.
love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim, The new glasses look very good. It's about time for me to have my eyes tested and I think I'll probably need new ones, also.
I have to have a written test to renew my driver's license which expires April 20 and my appointment for the test is May 14.
I won't be driving for awhile...haven't been anyway so that will not be a problem. We have been shredding up some of Mike's old papers and Gerry found a refund check from Mike's insurance company that he had not cashed from 2006. The check is only good for 6 months but he is going to write a letter and see if they will issue a new check.
Take care and have a good day tomorrow...get up on time to go for your walk! Love, Barbie