Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Keanna turns 5, Sharon closes the deal!

Dear Family and Friends,
This afternoon I heard the "fat lady sing". My cell rang and I heard the sounds of joy as Sharon said she had called to tell me the fat lady had just sung. Yes her longest in history escrow finally closed on her existing home and she can begin to move on financially. One legal issue after another had kept the title company from issuing a clear title but finally today it all came together. She is praising God and her faith never wavered as month after month the process drug on. She has already moved into her new home and is getting used to it. As of this point she has no cable TV, no Internet and a basic cell phone. Now she will move forward and fully occupy her new home. Congrats Sharon.
Tomorrow Keanna turns the big 5. This evening she and I worked to place dolls, beanie babies, books, puzzles, games into bags so Steve could store them in the attic. The new carpet is rolled out on Thursday. Tomorrow Keanna takes the cupcakes she and her mom made this evening to her school. Keanna frosted them and put sprinkles on the tops. Tomorrow is also her chapel day and then we will spend the afternoon doing more cleaning and moving items. Tomorrow evening we will go out to eat at where ever Ms Keanna wants to eat, I think chilli's. What fun it is to help the kids and work side by side with her highness. Steve and Nikki live in a two story home so heavy items, desks, file cabinets, chairs have to be carried or slid down the stairs and into the garage. Steve and David, his brother, have done a lot of work with the heavy stuff and Nikki has been working for two weeks on the softer lighter stuff getting ready. I admire this little family and how they work together keeping a sense of humor. Nan would have loved this whole process and been very excited about the upcoming baby too. The whole family misses her wit, help, advice and endless acts of love. In life we each have a place and over the years we get more and more used to the roles and responsibilities each of us carry, take one person out of the mix and its really difficult to adjust to. Remember that you are such a person too, you are very important to a number of family, a circle of friends, fellow workers, remember that your influence is felt and appreciated. you are important, there is no one else like you, feel important? well you should because you are.
Jason and Timothy were eating out today and Clayton was helping out. Jason is enjoying spring break and working in the new section of yard we worked up. Between him and Clayton they are getting a lot done and caring for Timothy too. Today he was munching on Cheerios, is there a child alive that did not grow up on Cheerios? I know our kids at them in the high rows of the balcony at Sac Central SDA, Nikki left cheerio pieces and Ernie the caretaker would come to morning meeting and complain about someone eating Cheerios up in the balcony. I just kept quiet but I knew where Nan and nikki always sat, way up high in the balcony by the pipes of the pipe organ. Jason used to eat Cheerios under the pews in Tracy along with Kevin and Scott.
Ken and I walked this morning at 7:30 and silly me thought it was warm so I went in T shirt and shorts. Ken warned me to get a coat, naw, I was fine, well I shivered my way around the whole 2.5 miles and was very very glad to get in the shower where warm water finally reached me.
I had my oatmeal, strawberries, stipples and then started working. It became obvious that I needed to get up to Rohnert Park to do 2 appraisals so I quickly left forgetting there was an inspection to complete from last night, whoops, that's not the best way to stay in business. I had a great trip and enjoyed talking to Jim the young sales person who I have come to know well. Then I headed home after discovering the second appraisal had died while I was driving up, bummer! I raced back for Keanna's tumbling class, found some boxes for packing items. Then to their house for an evening of actual work. Now home to head to bed on time tonight.
I would request that you remember my little business and the need for orders. I know God is in control and I also know the lending industry is really messed up right now. Mainly I just hear fear in the voices of those I deal with on the phone, fear their office will be downsized, fear that they might make a mistake so I feel it is very important right now to be kind to anyone who calls no matter how stressed and rude they might be.
Good night my friends and family, you are a precious group.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning from NC!
And it is a beautiful, chilly, sunny day here. The azaleas are performing brilliantly this spring between the spring showers. The lakes are coming up ~ slowly.

Today we close on our SC house ~ finally! We only lost $5000 on it. I guess we should be thankful in today's market. At least we don't have to make any more payments on it. Now for this place......

Sounds like you are keeping busy with family and preparing for the new little one coming into your life. Enjoy the big birthday bash today and keep those appraisals cranking.

Love you ~ Carol