Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thoughts about a new week....

So here it comes, ready or not. I've felt a gradual apprehension setting in as the heart tests loom on the horizon. I've got to say that so far the news I received from testing has been positive, far better than I have a right to expect or anticipate. The pulmonary tests went well, the physical went well, last weeks eye exam showed no negative effects of the diabetes that can be so rough on the eyes. I eagerly await the chance to see the numbers from the recent blood workup. While I know they will not be perfect I hope to see them trending better. Frankly they could hardly be worse than last time, the ones from the first of January. So Tuesday will be the day of the echo cardiogram, I've seen Nan get dozens of them over the years as they were a very important part of approval for drug trials. Sometimes they were given more than once in a single day. I'm told that will be a simple in and out with no waiting since I don't have to see the doctor that day. However Wednesday presents a different picture. On that day at 9:45 I will be given an injection of Cardiolite, a radioactive material. A special camera will take pictures of my heart, then several hours later I will begin the stress test on a treadmill and more Cardiolite will be injected while I am on the treadmill with more pictures to follow. Then later in the day more pictures of my heart will be taken to determine a more complete understanding my hearts condition. Finally I will be kicked out the door back into the real world to live with the results. I just can't wait for Wednesday, it all sounds so exciting and expensive, Blue Cross to the rescue I hope. They said something about a $5,000 limit and then they will pay more of the expenses. I'm trying my hardest to get to the $5,000 level. These doctors need to live too you know. I've only scheduled on appraisal on Wednesday for the evening after I come home, sort of help me unwind. Amazingly its only about 1 block from my own home.
Tomorrow I have 4 to see in Newark, Hayward, Oakland and then Oakland. On Tuesday I'll see one, then go for the one test at noon and then see another one in Pittsburg, try to balance work with play!!

Today I am attempting to do something Nan would often tell me I was not good at, multi task. The washer and dryer are going, classical music is playing in the family room, this computer is humming and I am rubbing Starr's back as she is sleeping at my feet. I was so sleepy this afternoon that I got out the coffee machine and figured out to make a cup, the cupboards are full of supplies since the family who visits main lines on the stuff to keep them horizontal during the day. Well I think this little cup might just keep me awake tonight. I got so awake that I took my blood pressure to be sure, it was fine. Not something I think I will do often, yikes that stuff is strong, even with sweetener and creamer its strong. Perhaps I missed something in brewing it.

The yard sale was in full force today again with a number of real estate people raising money for leukemia. In the two days they have raised over $1,100. That is just great and I got to see an old friend today, Stacy Morro, a long time agent. I have done her house a couple times, she has such good taste in everything she did to the house. She was out working the sale helping move junk from Ken and LeAnn's driveway to someone else's garage. Yard sales amaze me. Perhaps if one were just getting started they would be very helpful but to one who has bulging closets, garage spaces filled with pre garage sale items the whole idea boggles the mind. Of course I hate to shop, I like to buy but that is different. To buy you park, walk in and find what you want, you buy it and walk out taking no more than 5 minutes tops. Anything else is so tough to take. Shopping for recreation just does not compute here in my little brain.

So here comes this week right at us, will it be cold, hot, warm? Safe, dangerous, busy, slow, full of good news or bad news or both? What is in store? Will we find ways to help other people, to share what we know, have to make others lives better, can we touch people with calm, peace, a willing ear? How high can the fuel prices really go? For me, will checks come in the mail? Will I continue to get COD orders, credit card payments? This morning a very nice lady called from Greece to give me her credit card number to cover an appraisal I did on Friday, not that is good news. For me personally I am looking forward to Art and Connie returning from their cruise, should be on Tuesday if all has gone well.

So friends and family, lets make it a caring week, watching for chances to help someone.

I send you my love and my deepest gratitude for your support, prayers and genuine love.

Tim
ps Thanks Keanna and Nikki for taking me to lunch today. What a nice break in a boring day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We had a nice Day and got some much needed rest between the Nascar Race & the Baseball games and starting a new Jigsaw Puzzle.

Today its lunch at the Center and Carrol has a lab appointment at 2:00 the results will be read on the 21st at Her regular Clinic Visit. We will see how much Her numbers elevate or hold steady, this will determine if She can continue to be off Chemo.

Good luck on your tests ,(Heart) We will be Praying for good news. How dependant We are on the Medical Community these days.

Love & Prayers,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Best of luck with your tests; I just know the results will be encouraging. Thank you for the reminder to look for opportunities to help other people - so important! Deborah

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We hope you have a good week with good test results and paid work!

I spent the afternoon getting my Dad out of a deal on new phone service. He is always changing his internet server and his phone service. Leave it alone!!! He doesn't understand that he is paying dearly for connection fees every time he changes. Sounds good ~ but isn't! Actually the total will be just about the same as what he is paying now. Today I even talked to India for tech support. He was very helpful, but doesn't speak very good English..... Strange how we have to call India to find out about local charges???

Take care ~ Carol