Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nikki gets showered


Good evening,
10:45, just completed with a big one here in Discovery Bay and its on its way now through email to the lender. What a nice day! After so many days of winter and gloom, depression and defeat this was a good day.
Ken and I walked this morning at 8, enjoyed the morning sunshine and the thrill of the walk. Then I worked for a bit paying small bills, wading through my desk, then it was time to leave to meet up with Jason, Jo and Timothy at Nikki's shower in Dublin. They had terrible traffic on Highway 1 near Santa Cruz which became a parking lot for them for awhile. Steffanie threw a beautiful shower with wonderful guests and great food. Nikki got lots of nice things from her friends at work, from Discovery Bay, Oakland and I don't know where else. They played games and Jason and I had Timothy in the kitchen. Jason fed him some lovely peas and he enjoyed them. Then he crawled somemore to demonstrate his new skills. After the party was over we went to Macaroni Grill for a early dinner. They brought our food so fast it was not believeable and for the most part it tasted good. Timothy sat in a high chair for the first time today and did very well with it. He can eat his little crackers and keeps himself pretty busy. After dinner they went their way and I came home. I was so sleepy that the first hour in my chair is a faint memory. Then I woke to do some work which I just finished a few minutes ago. The fish tank continues to be a lot more interesting now that one can actually see into it. I've included a photo which sort of captures how it looks now.
Tomorrow I have my eyes tested for Glaucoma. Dr. Whitten wanted the test so he can start treatment if in fact I do have Galucoma and need some special eye drops. Then I will drive to Newman which is down the valley using I-5. Then back to Discovery bay for an afternoon appraisal and then hopefully fit in a new order for a FHA purchase as well. I am thankful every day for work to do and the strength to carry out the mechanics. I am also thankful that my little car gets 44 mpg with such high fuel prices.
I continue to do well, feel great and am finding hope here and there. My how I love to hear from you, yes even you Shawn with your special text messages!

love to all and lets have a good week where people come first.

Tim

No comments: