Monday, May 19, 2008

Another day, another dollar

Dear Family and Friends,
9 pm and I'm tired. This has been a busy day and I'm most thankful for safety in the travel involved. Ken and I walked at 7, then I washed my very dirty car, then shower and breakfast, then final research and an on time departure for Rancho Cordova. Nice little unit, then lunch at a nearby Spaghetti Factory. Too much food! Had to leave some on the plate. Then set the GPS for Oakdale. It was a beautiful 4.6 acre property with horses, pastures, Spanish home, lots of shade trees, delightful owner, even gave me a propel to drink, not bad for 20 calories. Then I found the 6 comps and headed home. On the way home a quick stop for food, fresh berries, peaches, corn, bananas, whole wheat buns, fat free milk, drinking water, then home to discovery two checks in the mail. They are really needed and I'm really grateful for them. Then a quick griller for dinner with a fresh tomato, then to the office to discover several orders have come in today. Note their locations, Walnut Creek, Rocklin, Sonoma, Rohnert Park, Antelope. So more travel in the next few days. At least this will not be a dry week with no work, praise our heavenly Father.
I had the nice opportunity to talk to Sylvia today, let me tell you that lady stays busy, between conference business, local church, local library, two mothers, like she says, she hardly ever has time to just sit and eat Bomboms. She said I sounded more like myself again. It was at her suggestion that I stopped using Veramyst every day just to see if it would help with depression, well I think as a combo of the weekend trip and spending time with my friends and removing the myst from my daily routine I am feeling much better and more hopeful and human again.
Nikki is continuing to do well as the time for Kallie's arrival draws near. She was able to work from home today which was a great help, no trip to Livermore and back. Keanna had tests in preparation for attending kindergarten, not so much fun!
I certainly want to send a special thank you to all those on the campout who were so nice to me. It was a great lift to my spirits.

Last evening I received a call from Dr. Duerkson. He and his wonderful wife Rosemarie have been such a help and inspiration to us over the years. They have been true friends and it was a very special privilege to get a chance to talk for a few minutes. They are now retired and have moved from a beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright home in West Covina to Priestlake Idaho. Nan always looked forward to making the trip up to see them in their new home but she was never quite strong enough to handle the travel. In life sometimes a person taking a real interest in another person can be a huge help in troubled times. Duerkson's have been such a help to our family and to me personally. Perhaps you are about to be called on to be a special friend to someone, it may take your time and energy but if God is guiding you to be there for someone answer the call. Over the years our lives have been touched by several people at crucial times, their care has made a huge difference in our lives.

So I'm thankful for life itself, for precious children and for a circle of friends that just keeps enhancing and helping.

With love,

tim

No comments: