Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Uncertain times

Dear Family and Friends,
I write this evening after a strange day of work, rest, depression and joy. First the joy, Nikki called before lunch today to invite me to join she and Keanna at Strawhat for lunch. I loved seeing the scream and running little girl who ran up and hugged me. She was all ready to go visit her new kindergarten here in Discovery bay. So we ate quickly and they went to see the classrooms, hear a boring lecture (per Nikki) and get acquainted a bit with the place. Then they stopped by for a minute, how nice to have laughter and noise in the house again. The dogs were just thrilled to have guests. They they were gone and settled down to continue working on the Big One, a large impressive home in Brentwood owned by the creators of On the House, a TV show. Well as of this evening at 4:30 when I left to watch Keanna at tumbling class I was not finished. I shot photos of sales on the way, after the session and then drove to Alamo to shoot still more comps. Then on the way home I went to Olive Garden for soup and salad. On the way home I stopped at a cheap food place and got groceries then home to unload them. I'm anxious to get to bed. I have the high honor of walking around the lake in the morning with a very special guest. Since Ken is away on vacation Loree offered to do the walk, I could not believe it. First thing, it is very early in the morning and I just could not see her up that early to take a walk. She insists she will be ready and I'm not going to disappoint her.
I'm dealing with a rough patch right now. My weight has crept back up again, I'm not getting even the basic work done and certainly not keeping up with laundry, moping the floors and preparing the right kind of meals. My lawn needs to be mowed, weeds killed, roses trimmed, the bills are starting to pile up again and I just feel like I can't cope very well. I hope this is just something temporary I'm going through. At least the veramyst has controlled the allergies which is positive. I could use your prayers please, not sure how to climb out of the dumps I find myself in right now. Art is gone for 10 days on vacation, Ken is gone on vacation, there is almost no work coming in but I'm basically healthy I think and other than the sluggishness that comes with weight gain I think basically I'm OK.
So please say a little prayer for me, well actually a full blown prayer, that I can get a handle on things and find some zest for life again.

sending my love to all, looking forward to the campout at Lake McSwain this weekend and even more I'm looking forward to the new baby.

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Cheer up....count your blessings. Remember the happy times. Things are good...no tornadoes, no earthquakes, no fires...and you're going for a walk in the morning with your neighbor. I have to take a driver's test and see the urologist tomorrow...ugh! Here's a cute quote I found "Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth!" I try to use that when my husband annoys me. Cheerio, Barbie