Saturday, May 10, 2008

Timothy goes to the SF zoo with 200 teens

Dear Friends and Family,
This evening we are all resting up from a very big day. The MBA student body had an outdoor worship service this morning and then everyone loaded up on huge buses and headed to the zoo in San Francisco. Tickets had been arranged in advance and the students enjoyed an afternoon in beautiful weather observing the animals and socializing. We rode up in Jo's Mazda 3, a very nice car and joined up with the student body. Timothy enjoyed seeing many animals including giraffes, rhinos, bears, peacocks, monkeys, gorillas and many other creatures big and small. He was awake the entire afternoon and the teens would stop and talk to him often.
This evening he is having a very hard time going to sleep and staying alseep. He seems to be having trouble with his new formula which appears to be causing some reactions. He was such a good boy all day, laughed, watched wide eyed and in general enjoyed himself. Now Jason and Jo are in for a long night I'm afraid.
Jason made some of his famous chocolate chip pancakes this morning and along with stipples were very tasty. I had a tour of the area we recently tilled up and he has made great progress having created a paved area for ocean viewing, put in many plants, ground cover and a way of keeping it wet as well.
I personally slept in until after 9 this morning, the dogs were very ready for me to rise and shine, had a nice shower motorhome style and found the clothes in the closet to wear. I have found a great source of inexpensive grillers so brought a few more packs of them as Jason and Jo like to BBQ and grillers work really well. My source is about 1/2 as expensive as Safeway.
I hope your Sabbath went well. I have enjoyed spending time with these dear people I love so much. They are always on my heart as are Nikki, Steve and Keanna. I've been blessed with very special people and I know you have been too. Life is never really measured in how much or how powerful or how successful we are, it is measured in moments with people you love sharing, helping and rejoicing and just conversing.
Around here the cell phones do not usually work but this evening mine worked while sitting on the couch and I was able to reach my brother and tell him where I was and also to check in with Nikki. They were working in Keanna's room getting it just right for her. She talked to me on the phone and told me she was helping a lot with the work being done. We had a very nice chat. She was excited about how nice Kallie's room was too. She told me Kallie had been kicking a lot and doing gymnastics in her mommy's tummy. All of this is very good.
Good evening and love from our family to yours,

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Beautiful Mothers Day and We are going to Dinner (Lunch) at Our local THAI Restaurant with Our Friends the Guptills. Then We are bound for Stockton Delta College Theatre Production of the Comedy, "A Funny thing happened on the way to the Forum".

Choir Music went well Yesterday and now We are off for the Summer till Sept.

Good Lunch Yesterday at Woodbridge Broasted Chicken Place, Lots of salad too, missed having You there.

Have a good Mothers Day with the Family and lets get together Friday Evening at the "Factory".

Tuesday I'm going with the Seniors(Bus) to Jackson for some "Game Fun". Carrol will sleep in , Thursday is Dentist Day YUCK ! but this will finish things up for a while We hope!

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

What fun taking the little guy to see all those exciting animals! No wonder he didn't want to go to sleep. His little mind had a lot to process of what he saw.

Back a few days ago you mentioned doing hospital chaplain work. How would you feel about doing that full time? I think you would make an excellent chaplain. Give it some serious thought.

We had a quiet Mother's day here. Roger was going to take me out to breakfast, but I passed for another day. Mother's day brunches are always so crowded. Another day would suit me fine. So, I went to Wal-Mart and to a baby shower today. Roger crashed and took it easy today. I asked him to clean the kitchen for me after lunch for Mother's day. Now how's that for being romantic?

I hope you get a lot of orders in, appraisals out and checks in the mail this week, Bask in the memories of spending time with your family this week end.

We love you ~ Carol