Friday, May 23, 2008

A long windy day

Dear Ones,
Midnight and I'm finally home from a very long day. This morning the wind kept waking me as it was so violent and loud. At 6 I called Loree to tell her to just roll over and stay in bed, the winds were just to high to walk safely. I accomplished as much as I could in the office and then left at 11 for Rocklin. I encountered high winds, weaving vehicles, slow traffic and flying objects as I made my way up Freeway 5. I finally hooked up with Barb and Gerry at a Taco Bell just off the freeway and enjoyed a brief time with them and was able to pass along two different devices to sooth ones feet that Nan used. The I rushed to the first appointment in Rocklin where I found a beautiful home and nearby comparables. Then a short commute over to Antelope to see another perfect home and nearby comparables as well. Then it was time to head to Lodi for a quick dinner and the graduation service for the Joshua.
Afterwards I ran into Pam and she had not eaten since lunch so we first tried Coco's but they had closed to we tried Applebees and she finally got to eat and relax a bit after a very full day at her school. Joshua was so cute as he brought flowers to his parents and grandparents and received many awards for achievements. It was enjoyable to see Donna (who provided the 3ABN dish I enjoy for christian programming) and Mike who was the contractor on the house I live in.
More work has come in but not all is well, payments and checks have been extremely slow this week. For the first time ever I am late on my house payment and that is not one to mess around with. I believe enough money came in today to allow me to make an online payment to the loan company in the morning. A new problem I am facing is some lenders have restricted their approval lists for appraisers and are not allowing some of us to renew our approval with them. For example I found out this evening as I read my emails just now that the one I saw in Rocklin is going to a lender who has refused to renew my approval with them, they say, we have enough appraisers so the list is closed. That is an issue I intend to begin praying about tonight. I really need God's help on this one.
I'm very thankful to be home safely tonight. On the way home in the darkness I hit something with the right front tire. I have no idea what it was and I never even saw it but I sure felt it as the car lurched over it.
I finally completed the "boring" book I have been listening to. I think it is called the wolf at the table. All through the book the main character tries to catch his fathers attention, to experience his love and the book reveals an incredibly cruel father including his last act on his death bed, he refused to say anything to his son even while praising his older rebellious son. While it is a very dark book it really illustrates how much we crave the approval of our parents and short of receiving it we live dysfunctional lives. A wise counselor has said, "until we forgive our parents for their mistakes we cannot be emotionally healthy". I remember holding my father in my arms for the first time ever as his little body ravished by cancer was failing and telling him I forgave him for things he thought he had failed me in. The truth was, he had failed me at some crucial points in my young life but the same could certainly be truthfully said about crucial times in my own children's lives when I failed them too. How I value them and appreciate their forgiveness and acceptance of me now. I may not deserve their love but I certainly appreciate and treasure it.
And so another long day has drawn to a close for us all.
love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning from NC!
The sun is just coming up and it looks like another beautiful day. The azaleas and dogwood are nearly past and the rhododendrons are in full bloom now. It is time to plant and I don't have the strength or energy to plant much of anything this year. We do what we need to and the rest just has to remain natural.

Yesterday sounded like quite a day dodging flying missiles, graduation and spending time with friends. I'm glad you arrived home safely. Did you get any damage on your car from whatever you hit or hit you?

Yes, Tim, things are changing all around us. Perhaps the lender will add you to their list since you turned in your appraisal before you were notified that you were not being renewed. God is still in control and will provide your needs ~ not necessarily all your wants, however. He is in control. These are all signs of our Lord's soon return. Soon and very soon you will be reunited with your precious Nan. We must all be faithful until then.

My day is beginning already and there is much to do before we rest tonight. May you have a good day and look forward to a blessed week end.

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Here is hopeing for a calm day and that We continue to feel better from this Bug that has been dogging Us for the last 2 weeks.

Glad to read that You made the appointments yesterday and as Carol P says, what does the Bug Wheel look like this morning? Do You need a new Tire?

Slept through last night for the 3rd time without using Codine Cough Syrup, that is GOOD !!

Carrol is doing much better, no fever to speak of and Heart rate normal so We continue to Pray that She will be over this Bug without complications. The fact that She is still able to be off Chemo is a big Help for sure.

Love & Prayers for You and Yours,

Bob & Carrol.